CLEARANCE: SECRET **This position requires a SECRET clearance active on day one of performance.**
REQUISITION NUMBER: 102517.01-O1
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Auditor
POSITION TITLE: Auditor / Manager
LOCATION: Arlington, Virginia
WORK SEAT LOCATION: The Pentagon
To support and maintain the Planning, Programming, ,Budgeting and Execution information for the Joint Staff supporting the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The Joint Staffs Enterprise Business Accountability System consists of four integrated financial and budget systems:
• Comptroller Accounting and Budget System (CABS)
• Program Budget System (PBS)
• Exhibit Automation System (EAS)
• Project Cost Accounting System / Cost Allocation
These integrated systems allow EBAS to automate the Joint Staff's fiscal related business processes. Sehlke Consulting is currently seeking a qualified Auditor to serve as a leader ensuring that a group of analysts are working in concert to systematically integrate business, cost accounting, and financial reporting with management processes to ensure the efficient stewardship and auditability of public funds.
• Bachelor’s Degree
PREFERRED CERTIFICATION(s): CPA, CGFM, or CISM
LABOR CATEGORY / DUTIES:
• Able to provide guidance on the accurate recording of complex accounting events, apply appropriate cost accounting techniques, and possess a thorough understanding of the principles of financial statement compilation.
• Capable of of assessing operational weaknesses, perform process improvement anaysis, and recommend corrective solutions.
• Ability to assess products and or procedures for compliance with government standards, accounting principles, internal controls, and multi-tired system application standards.
• Can correlate the interrelationships between core accounting requirements and automated solutions, considering the current system environment and the potential integration of added systems.
• Prepare milestone status reports and presentations for colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- DoD financials and performing auditing with demonstrated ability to supervise or lead a team of accounting analysts.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal financial accounting policies, standards, and system requirements:
• Financial Management Regulation (FMR)
• CFO Act 1990
• OMB Regulations
• OUSD(C) FIAR guidance
• Statement of Standards on Attestation Engagements number 16 (SSAE-16)
- Experience in extracting, working tie points, reconciling, and reporting compliant DoD Financial Statements with multi-year/ no-year appropriations and differing appropriations.
- Understanding of budgetary and proprietary accounting principles.
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) headquartered in Arlington, VA – and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.