CLEARANCE: No Clearance is required for this position.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 060817.02-CORP
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Proposal Director
POSITION TITLE: Proposal Director
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
SEAT LOCATION: Corporate
Sehlke Consulting is currently seeking qualified candidates to work at the Arlington, Virginia corporate office as the Director of Proposals.
The Director of Proposal Management is a critical leadership role within Sehlke Consulting. This position is responsible for the development and delivery of compliant and compelling proposals in support of the firm’s overall growth strategy.
• Bachelor’s Degree + 3 years work experience
• NO Degree + 5 years requirement (2+ years additional needed in lieu of a degree)
• APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professional)
• or Shipley Process Mastery
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS / DUTIES:
• Lead “must-win” proposal opportunities, providing tactical and strategic guidance to senior leadership and client service teams
• Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of proposal management processes, tools, and templates
• Provide the leadership, methodologies, procedures, tools, and templates to support proposal development efforts
• Provide leadership to a diversity of matrixed proposal teams and directly affect the outcomes of assigned proposals, thereby positively affecting win rates.
• Act as the central point for the proposal development process by staying up to date on the account proposal pipeline and interacting with pursuit leaders and interfacing with other enabling areas
• Guide proposal teams in developing a strategic approach and provide training to technical staff to include win theming, win strategy development, writing for proposals, and concept to completion graphic development
• Brainstorm solutions providing tactical advice and guidance with the ability to drive strategy and solutions that result in winning submissions.
• Guide team members (of various specialties and at various levels of seniority) to develop responses that meet the needs of potential clients
• Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study
• Demonstrated acumen in understanding how to create discriminators in a highly competitive environment
• The ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen, analytical, critical thinking is a required attribute
• working experience in Federal Government proposal management, proposal development, and the direct management of proposal staff
• Experience in leading large complex proposals with values in excess of $25M
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience leading teams in tactical and strategic discussions
• Experience in public speaking and presentations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Sharepoint, PowerPoint and Excel
• Diversity of experience in large corporate organizations and small business concerns
• A proven history and bias for action and an orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
• Key factors include: sound business judgment, managerial courage, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.
• Shipley Process Mastery and APMP Membership
• Market / Competitive Intelligence Analysis is an EXTREME PLUS (tools used include GovWin, Bloomberg, FPDS, etc.)
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) headquartered in Arlington, VA – and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.