CLEARANCE: DoD Secret ***Must hold an active DoD Secret or above***
REQUISITION NUMBER: 091819.0Xa-M25p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Accountant/ Financial Manager
POSITION TITLE: Subject Matter Expert Levels I, II, III
LOCATION: National Capital Region (NCR)
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) has made Audit Readiness a priority. In doing so, it desires to achieve better procurement decisions through improved accuracy of inventory, improve its integrity in the use of resources through the management of obligations, and establish total cost of ownership to enhance the planning of maintenance and procurement cycles. The goal is to continue the full scope audit with full transparency; prioritize and remediate findings, strengthen internal controls, and improve the accuracy of financial reports.
Accountant/ Financial Manager, SME I, II, III
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited United States college or university
Experience in financial statement compilation and reporting process as well as audit response and remediation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards (SFFAS).
Candidate must have a minimum of full-time (excluding internships) 2-7 years of experience within the last 10 years providing accounting services to the Federal Government agencies or Fortune 500 companies.
LABOR CATEGORY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expertise, recommendations, and industry best practices to support continuous improvement and increased feedback throughout the Audit Engagement process, to include guidance, business rules, and process workflows.
- Provide expertise, recommendations, and industry best practices to manage the Provided-By-Client (PBC) request, Observation and Notification of Findings and Recommendations, and exception reporting processes to include expert analysis and recommendation for improvements across the enterprise.
- Develop briefs and prepare other correspondence to facilitate continuous audit engagement and communication with key stakeholders.
- Assist in the performance of liaison functions, to include relaying information, setting up meetings, or tracking progress or status of Audit data calls, between the United State Marine Corps and the Department of the Navy and Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- Provide expertise, recommendations, and industry best practices to support continuous improvements to the Audit Remediation process, to include guidance, business rules, and process workflows.
- Review and provide recommendations for process improvement of management oversight in preventing fraud, waste, and abuse of government resources in support of the MICP. Review current MICP procedures and perform a gap analysis to relevant standards to advise on current and future scoping of risk assessments.
- Develop test plans to validate internal controls are in place ICOFR.
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Arlington, VA – an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings into the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.