CLEARANCE: DoD Secret ***Must hold an active DoD Secret or above***
REQUISITION NUMBER: 091819.0Xa-M25p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Accountant/ Financial Manager (CPA)
POSITION TITLE: Subject Matter Expert Levels II, III, IV, V
LOCATION: National Capital Region (NCR)
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) has made Audit Readiness a priority. In doing so, it desires to achieve better procurement decisions through improved accuracy of inventory, improve its integrity in the use of resources through the management of obligations, and establish total cost of ownership to enhance the planning of maintenance and procurement cycles. The goal is to continue the full scope audit with full transparency; prioritize and remediate findings, strengthen internal controls, and improve the accuracy of financial reports.
Accountant/ Financial Manager (CPA), SME II, III, IV, V
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in an Accounting or Finance related degree from an accredited United States college or university. For Levels IV and V, MBA in accounting, finance, or project management. An additional 6 years of experience can be substituted for an MBA degree.
CERTIFICATION: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed by a State licensing agency
Experience in financial statement compilation and reporting process as well as audit response and remediation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards (SFFAS).
Candidate must have a minimum of full-time (excluding internships) 5-15 years of experience within the last 10 years providing accounting services to the Federal Government agencies or Fortune 500 companies.
LABOR CATEGORY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the performance of liaison functions, to include relaying information, setting up meetings, or tracking progress or status of Audit data calls, between the United State Marine Corps and the Department of the Navy and Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- Leverage existing information or work products to limit need for redundant or unnecessary data calls.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, as necessary, to identify and advise management on best practices that can improve both Financial and IT Audit Coordination.
- Develop briefs, training materials, and supporting communications related to audit engagement.
- Provide expertise, recommendations, and industry best practices to support continuous improvements to the Audit Remediation process, to include guidance, business rules, and process workflows.
- Work with Marine Corps Senior Leaders and the audit coaches to develop critical messaging, identify good news stories, and develop briefs and whitepapers to communicate successes, issues, and concerns internal to the Marine Corps, DON, or DoD.
- Provide Manager’s Internal Control Program (MICP) support.
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) – an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings into the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.