CLEARANCE: SECRET **This position requires a Secret clearance active on day one of performance**
REQUISITION NUMBER: 073119.01-M22p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Financial Analyst
POSITION TITLE: Consultant/Senior Consultant
LOCATION: Camp Lejeune, NC
Sehlke Consulting is looking for qualified individuals to join a team that shall provide Accounting, Budgeting and Financial Analysis support to the United States Marine Corps, II Marine Expeditionary Force.
LABOR CATEGORY / DUTIES:
• Assist the Assistant Chief of Staff (AC/S), Comptroller in establishing internal controls to provide reasonable assurance that process weaknesses can be prevented or detected early enough to mitigate and prevent an adverse impact on the organization.
• Assist the organization by identifying weaknesses in internal controls, programs, operational, or administrative areas through audits, inspections, and Internal Control assessments.
• Assist AC/S, Comptroller with testing internal controls in order to assess the functions, programs, and operations. Ensure subordinate commands develop corrective action plans to resolve Internal Control weaknesses.
• Assist with preparation of the Statement of Assurance (SOA) and results of internal control submissions. Track and perform follow-up on all reportable conditions and material weaknesses.
• Provide advice, assistance, and guidance to other Marine Corps entities as requested or directed.
• Provide Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) and Financial Program Management (FPM) support services.
• Support the demands of existing, expanding, and new requirements to comply with the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-123, and various other regulations as they pertain to auditable financial statements and effective internal controls.
• Advise and coordinate with Government personnel and conduct tasks related to the remediation of sample deficiencies discovered by the DoD Inspector General/Independent Public Accounting audit personnel.
• Assist in the developing, coordinating, and disseminating of lessons learned.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) advisor for Marine Corps budget, accounting, and financial management policy and procedures within the organization.
• Provide interpretive and analytical advice on Marine Corps financial transactions and program execution; develop format and content to provide various listings, reports, and data relative to status of funds and the propriety of obligations; and ensure the financial integrity, timeliness, accuracy and validity of supporting managerial accounting, budget execution.
• Analyze and advise on whether or not Marine Corps resources are managed efficiently and effectively, Marine Corps programs and operations are discharged with integrity, Marine Corps programs comply with applicable laws and regulations, and if the potential for fraud, waste, and mismanagement are minimized.
• Four years of service within a DoD financial management field, and expert knowledge of budget processes and ability to explain the life cycle of an accounting transaction.
• Shall possess strong communications skills and experience in interacting with Marine Corps Officers, Senior Noncommissioned Officers, and Civilian Employees.
• Full grasp of the concepts, principles, practices, laws, and regulations of USMC budget, accounting, and internal controls. Knowledge must be sufficient enough to analyze programs at all levels and develop internal control policy recommendations. Must be able to interpret, assess, and project potential impact of new/revised internal control requirements.
• Must display knowledge of Statement of Budgetary Resources (SBR) and Schedule of Budgetary Activity (SBA) audit procedures and source documentation requirements.
• Experience, demonstrated knowledge of use, and ability to obtain and maintain access to relevant financial systems.
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Arlington, VA – and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.