CLEARANCE: DoD Secret **Must hold an active DoD Secret, or above, in order to be considered***
REQUISITION NUMBER: 040419.01-N15
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Financial Manager (1-Senior) and (1-MidLevel)
POSITION TITLE: Senior Consultant / SME I / Consultant
LOCATION: San Diego, California
Sehlke Consulting is providing financial management operations within Navy Medicine West (NMW), located in San Diego, CA. NMW is one of the three (3) Navy Medicine Regions and is responsible for the financial management operations for Western US and Pacific (Hawaii, Guam, Japan) medical commands. Sehlke will be supporting NMW in providing budget formulation, accounting, funds management, budget execution monitoring, reimbursable work order/support agreement, audit, process improvement, and other financial management oversight of these commands. We are currently seeking qualified Financial Managers to provide accounting analysis, Treasury G-Invoicing support, and audit support for this effort.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide on-site support to the NMW Accounting department by analyzing civilian payroll data in the Defense Civilian Payroll System (DCPS); researching invalid transactions, performing table maintenance, performing analysis related to pay codes, missing time and attendance data, prior pay corrections, and recommending potential corrective actions to the Accounting department supervisor as appropriate.
• Provide support to the NMW Accounting department by researching non-payroll suspended transactions, preparing trend analysis, error correction, monitoring of accounting transactions to identify potential deficiencies, and development of effective corrective actions to improve accounting processes.
• Provide on-site support to NMW in implementing the new Treasury G-Invoicing platform.
• Provide on-site support to NMW to execute Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) tasks in coordination with M82, OUSD(C) FIAR, DHA FIAR, and Navy FIAR offices.
• Tasks include audit response for Provided by Client (PBC) requests, document review and preparation, development of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) and subsequent monitoring of CAP implementation, and root cause analysis of audit findings.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of financial management, accounting, or audit experience.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to supervise or lead a team of financial management professionals.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to interpret and apply Federal financial regulations and accounting systems requirements.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of financial management, accounting, or audit experience.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to apply Federal financial guidelines and accounting rules and principles with minimal oversight.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to work with multi-year/no-year appropriations and differing appropriations (e.g., O&M and Procurement).
• Demonstrated experience and ability to grasp interrelationships between financial management requirements and automated solutions in place or contemplated
• CPA, CDFM, CGFM, PMP
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Arlington, VA. We are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer that values the strength of diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, medical condition or disability.