CLEARANCE: Interim Secret or Secret ***An active DoD Secret is required at the time of application for initial consideration***
REQUISITION NUMBER: 022519.01-N27p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Financial Manager / Logistics Analyst
POSITION TITLE: Consultant, Senior Consultant, Manager, Subject Matter Expert Levels I, II, III
LOCATION: National Capital Region (NCR)
Sehlke Consulting is currently seeking various levels of qualified Financial Managers and Logistics Analysts to provide Accounting, Financial Management, and Logistics support to the Department of the Navy. This work will include the support of establishing, implementing, assessing, and overseeing implementation and remediation plans to resolve material weaknesses and other significant deficiency conditions. Specifically, this will include supporting a Navy Systems Command (SYSCOM) with asset management, internal controls, policy, and the performance of physical inventories. Applicants should align within the qualifications listed below.
EDUCATION: High School diploma, or equivalent.
Candidate must have at least 2 years of full-time (excluding internships) experience within the past 5 years of progressive experience in the accounting field of Federal Government agencies, or Fortune 500 companies.
Subject Matter Expert I / Senior Consultant
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited United States college or university desired.
CERTIFICATION: Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM), Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), or CPA preferred.
Candidate must have 5 years of full-time (excluding internships) experience within the past 10 years of progressive experience in the accounting field of Federal Government agencies or Fortune 500 companies.
Subject Matter Expert II / Manager
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited United States college or university required.
CERTIFICATION: CDFM, CGFM, or CPA desired.
Candidate must have a minimum of full-time (excluding internships) 7 years of experience within the past 10 years of progressive experience providing accounting services to the Federal Government agencies or Fortune 500 companies
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
• Existence and Completeness (E&C)
• OMB A-123
• Audit Response & Remediation
• Business Process Improvement
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards (SFFAS)
LABOR CATEGORY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Existence and Completeness (E&C); facilitating and/or performing physical inventories of Operating Materials & Supplies (OM&S), Inventory, and General Equipment (GE).
• Develop and release necessary standard guidance to ensure Existence and Completeness of key asset categories;
• Develop work plans to ensure physical inventory (or acceptable substitution) is completed for key asset categories;
• Audit support: mature and enhance audit infrastructure for efficient and effective audit response and coordination;
• Provide strategic guidance and technical assistance for all phases of audit preparation and remediation; assist Government with technical expertise during development and monitoring of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs);
• Support the coordination and monitoring of progress to remediate Notices of Findings and Recommendations (NFRs)/CAPs;
• Provide support towards Business Process Improvement: Support and define business process improvement initiatives. Conduct reviews of current business processes and key management controls to determine process improvements. Assist and support in the implementation of these business process improvements;
• Assist with execution of the PP&E and I&RP Corrective Action Plans
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) headquartered in Arlington, VA – an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings into the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.