REQUISITION NUMBER: 022019.01-CORP
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: HR Generalist
POSITION TITLE: HR Generalist
LOCATION: Sehlke Consulting Corporate Headquarters, Arlington, Virginia
Sehlke Consulting is currently seeking qualified candidates to work at the Arlington, Virginia – headquarters.
Portraying a professional business-like conduct, the HR Generalist will be required to
execute a range of employment related functions for the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee engagement, productivity and ensuring employee compliance with company policies that are essential to the organization. The HR Generalist will report directly to the Manager of HR Operations, but may also provide support to Office Operations & Executive Leadership. Operating in a professional office environment, the HR Generalist is responsible for the delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers. Additionally, this position requires excellent communication (written and oral), computer and organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment. A pleasant, tactful and professional demeanor and appearance is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree + 1 years of work experience, or
• Associate’s Degree + 3 years of work experience, or
• No Degree + 5 years work experience
LABOR CATEGORY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for overall HR Operations Support and may include front office activities.
• Process employment transactions (hires, transfers, promotions, etc)
• Benefits administration to include but not limited to; enrolling new hires, processing benefit changes, employee communications, assisting with open enrollment process, termination of benefits, auditing, compliance and recordkeeping.
• Provide assistance with Facilities process, including office supply ordering, shipping, and coordinating with building management for maintenance issues, etc.
• Provide assistance with on-boarding process to include but not limited to creating new hire folders, collecting and processing new hire paperwork, conducting new hire orientation, maintaining orientation binders
• Participate in the employee exit process to include creation of termination letters, termination of benefits and timely completion of exit interviews;
• Use Fedex account to ship out new employee swag, computers and business cards etc.
• Compile monthly corporate briefings
• Order business cards all new employees.
• Position requires physical presence at Sehlke Headquarters with Corporate core hours of 9:00AM through 5:00PM, Monday through Friday. This position does not allow for Telework/Remote capabilities. The need to accommodate business surge support, and being flexible to working later evenings or weekends, may occasionally occur.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
• Familiarity with Benefit terminology, enrollments, and cancellations
• Experience with: HRIS (ADP WorkforceNow preferred), ATS, and Vendor Portals
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work effectively with interruptions
• Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues
• Ability to work in a team environment and provide back up to others in department as needed
• Ability to be flexible in work schedule as needed
• Good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills essential.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Arlington, VA. We are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer that values the strength of diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, medical condition or disability.