CLEARANCE: DoD Secret ***Must hold an active DoD Secret, or above, clearance for initial consideration.***
REQUISITION NUMBER: 012819.02-O4p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Finance Consultant
POSITION TITLE: Consultant / Senior Consultant
LOCATION: MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida
Sehlke Consulting is currently supporting audit readiness initiatives serving USSOCOM and seeking Finance Subject Matter Experts qualified against the requirements, and able to perform the duties, listed below.
EDUCATION: Bachelors' Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business Administration, or Business Management.
CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Defense Financial Management (CDFM), Certified Government Financial Management (CGFM), or CPA desired.
• Three or more years of experience with DoD or another federal agency in their respective discipline.
• Audit readiness within the DoD
• Tying material management elements to the financial statements.
• Evaluating program deficiencies and preparing briefings for senior DoD leadership to address solutions.
• Justifying policy change, systems acquisition, and budget justification.
• Government Contracting, including use of Wide Area Workflow (WAWF), Contract Closeout procedures, preparing contract modifications in SPS/PD2, and researching/coordinating financial and contractual information.
LABOR CATEGORY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide Audit Sample Management: research, collecting, analysis and SharePoint submission.
• Recommend changes to existing procedures to comply with auditability and other legal requirements or for efficiency.
• Evaluate auditability internal controls and recommend changes or additional controls.
• Work the Government Open Document List (ODL) to determine whether requirements for the obligations still exist. Prepare documents to clear obligations that are no longer required.
• Assess processes to determine non-compliance with federal accounting standards associated with currentfinancial, logistical, and personnel systems in use.
• Evaluate current efforts to account for property and recommend additional courses of action (COAs) as required. Support the Government in implementing those COAs/Corrective Action Plans CAPs.
• Support Government efforts with data cleansing, which will consist of reviewing, validating, and correcting data in the property and financial systems.
• Analyze the effectiveness of physical inventories and compliance (or noncompliance) with audit standards.
• Support Government efforts in creating a training plan on pertinent FIAR related topics and provide training to Government personnel.
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) headquartered in Arlington, VA – an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings into the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.