CLEARANCE: DoD Secret ***Must hold an active DoD Secret, or above, clearance for initial consideration.***
REQUISITION NUMBER: 012819.01-O4p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Finance Subject Matter Expert
POSITION TITLE: Subject Matter Expert I/II
LOCATION: MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida
Sehlke Consulting is currently supporting audit readiness initiatives serving USSOCOM and seeking Finance Subject Matter Experts qualified against the requirements, and able to perform the duties, listed below.
• Masters' Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Business Management required.
• Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance with a CPA.
• Bachelors' Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Business Management with 10 years of experience in Financial Management.
CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Defense Financial Management (CDFM), Certified Government Financial Management (CGFM), or CPA desired.
• Two or more years of experience preparing financial and material management reports IAW FIAR compliance or other FIAR-related activities that clearly demonstrate expertise in FIAR requirements.
• Five years of experience with DoD or another federal agency in Financial Management. Financial Management experience includes activities such as: monitoring budget execution, preparing financial documentation and reports, preparing trial balances, reconciling accounts, budget formulation, completing financial transactions in accounting and financial management systems, auditing, or similar tasks.
• Combined experience should include:
• Audit readiness requirements for DoD
• Tying material management elements to the financial statements.
• Evaluating program deficiencies and preparing briefings for GO/FO/SES level DoD leadership to address solutions.
• Justifying policy change, systems acquisition, or budget justification.
LABOR CATEGORY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide Audit Sample Management: research, collecting, analysis and SharePoint submission.
• Recommend changes to existing procedures to comply with auditability and other legal requirements or for efficiency.
• Evaluate auditability internal controls and recommend changes or additional controls.
• Work the Government Open Document List (ODL) to determine whether requirements for the obligations still exist. Prepare documents to clear obligations that are no longer required.
• Evaluate current efforts to account for property and recommend additional courses of action (COAs) as required. Support the Government in implementing those COAs and Corrective Action Plans (CAPs).
• Support Government efforts with data cleansing, which will consist of reviewing, validating, and correcting data in the property and financial systems.
• Analyze the effectiveness of physical inventories and compliance (or noncompliance) with audit standards.
• Support Government efforts in creating a training plan on pertinent FIAR related topics and provide training toGovernment personnel.
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Arlington, VA – an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings into the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.