REQUISITION NUMBER: 020419.01R-CORP
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Corporate Accountant
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Specialist
LOCATION: Prairie Village, Kansas
Sehlke Consulting is currently seeking a qualified Accounting Specialist.
Required to execute a range of accounting support functions that are essential to the organization.
Must be an organized and results oriented individual who is capable of multi-tasking, has meticulous attention to detail, high competency in initiative, communication proficiency, organizational skills, and able to operate in a professional office environment. A pleasant, tactful, and professional demeanor and appearance is required. Must possess leadership skills gained through experience.
The Accounting Specialist will report directly to the Vice President of Finance and Accounting and will participate in daily accounting activities. This will result in monthly reconciliations, reporting, and ongoing accounting analysis. The accounting specialist will also be responsible for maintaining the budget.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but may consider substitution of degree with additional work experience.
• 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Knowledge or experience with Unanet and/or Deltek.
• Experience with government contracting.
• Experience working with timesheet administration, travel claims, and/or expense report administration.
• General ledger accounting experience.
• Must be detail oriented.
LABOR CATEGORY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares journal entries and reconciles account balances with appropriate records.
• Conducts special investigations and compiles accounting data for specific activities.
• Coordinates or performs the accumulation, analysis and distribution of accounting data.
• Coordinates accounting methods and recommends/implements improvement in departmental procedures.
• Performs liaison activities with accounting management, internal and external customers.
• Investigates problems and implements corrective action.
• Reviews and analyzes accounting data for compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
• Assists in training personnel in various accounting routines and procedures.
• Analyzes financial system output and initiates corrections as required.
• Performs, reviews, and analyzes a variety of financial-related calculations.
• Prepares reports for governmental agencies and internal customers.
• May perform other duties as required.
JOB TYPE: Full Time
• Flexible Paid Time Off
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Optical Insurance
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Arlington, VA. We are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer that values the strength of diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, medical condition or disability.