CLEARANCE: Secret **Active DoD Secret clearance required upon application.**
REQUISITION NUMBER: 020619.01-A2p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Financial Reporting Analyst
POSITION TITLE: Subject Matter Expert I
LOCATION: Crystal City, Virginia
Sehlke Consulting is providing support to the Department of Army’s General Fund Financial Statement Audit. This is a part of a large-scale effort with emphasis on the Army’s General Fund financial statement auditability initiatives. The Financial reporting team is responsible for ensuring that data flowing to the Army’s financial statements is complete and accurate. They conduct transaction reconciliations and review Army Journal Vouchers before they are posted to the financial statements. Our team is currently seeking a quality Financial Manager aligning to the skills and experience below to join us in this effort.
• Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management, required.
CERTIFICATION(s): Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM), Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), CPA, or CISA preferred. Certification can be considered in lieu of the advanced degree requirement.
LABOR CATEGORY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide Business Process Improvement support to the Financial Reporting team.
• Develop and implement Corrective Action Plans (CAPs).
• Review and reconcile SAP transactions.
• Verify, reconcile and update accounts by reviewing discrepancies to produce accurate and credible financial data.
• Prepare, record and process accounting transactions and ensure allocation to appropriate accounts for accurate and complete data.
• Collect and review financial data from various sources.
• Create, maintain, and update financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
• Maintain appropriate records and documentation.
• Develop functional design documents for LMP to feeder system reconciliations. Perform in-depth research and identify the necessary resolution for the variances identified.
• Directly assist the Commands and DFAS on the identification of root causes creating the variances. Develop and provide solutions to fix the root causes and reduce variances. Dedicated personnel shall be assigned to each reconciliation so that all material variances can be sufficiently researched, causes identified and solutions developed.
• At least two (2) years of demonstrated work experience.
• Federal Financial Management / Accounting background and experience.
• Experience with providing Federal or Commercial Audit support
• Knowledge of Audit Readiness processes and procedures including; Audit Support, Response and remediation experience.
• Army policy, procedure, or systems experience.
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Arlington, VA. We are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer that values the strength of diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, medical condition or disability.