CLEARANCE: DoD Secret ***Must hold an active DoD Secret, or above, clearance for initial consideration.***
REQUISITION NUMBER: 012719.02-O16p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Management Consultant
POSITION TITLE: Consultant, Senior Consultant, Subject Matter Expert I/II
LOCATION: Arlington, Virginia *Position requires 100% on-site presence.*
The Office of the Under Secretary of Defense Comptroller (OUSD (C)) is looking for experienced Subject Matter Experts and Management Consultants, with relevant experience supporting a mix of federal financial management engagements in enterprise cost management, operations research analysis, data analytics, systems analysis and systems engineering. The effort is focused to support the transition and sustainment of completed enterprise cost management (ECM) model frameworks developed and implemented for the Department's lines of business. This effort will assist the Department with procedures for maintaining data relevance and quality, enhancing model utility and usability, advancing analytic capabilities and adoption, implementing policies related to accounting and financial standards, system support to enable accessibility and analytics that will increase the effectiveness of DoD’s cost management across all business lines.
EDUCATION: Bachelors' Degree, required. Advanced degree preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Defense Financial Management (CDFM), Certified Government Financial Management (CGFM), CPA, or CISA desired.
• Management Consultant I - Two (2) years of related work experience, preferred.
• Management Consultant II - Five (5) years of related work experience, preferred.
• Management Consultant III - Ten (10) years of related work experience, preferred.
LABOR CATEGORY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts organizational studies and evaluations, designs systems and procedures, conducts work simplification and measurement studies, and prepares reports, procedures, draft regulations, guidelines, briefings, and related documentation to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
• Performs data collection, interviewing, data modeling, project testing, and creation of performance measurements to support project objectives.
• Performs research and prepares and conducts business analyses and studies, needs assessments, requirements analysis/definition and cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align business systems, solutions and initiatives.
• Develops, analyzes, evaluates, advises on, and or improves the effectiveness of management controls, processes, information and documentation systems, and similar functions of management.
• Develops business methods for problem solving, process change, and solutions implementation ensuring enterprise-wide integration.
• Identifies best practices, assesses performance measurement and researches, collects and verifies data and translates it into strategic and operational guidance.
• Guides and assists clients through a wide range of management, organizational and business improvement and modernization initiatives.
• Prepares background papers, briefings, and speeches; creates web and portal content; and performs similar organizational messaging activities.
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) headquartered in Arlington, VA – an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings into the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.