CLEARANCE: DoD Secret ***Must hold an active DoD Secret, or above, clearance for initial consideration.***
REQUISITION NUMBER: 010619.01-A2p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Financial Manager / MILPAY SME
POSITION TITLE: Subject Matter Expert I / II
LOCATION: Crystal City, Virginia
Sehlke Consulting supports the Office of Assistant Secretary of the Army and Financial Management & Comptroller, General Fund Audit Sustainment. This is part of a large-scale effort with emphasis on the Army’s General Fund financial statement auditability initiatives. We are currently seeking a Military Pay subject matter expert to assist in a broad range of financial management services and audit and remediation of the Army General Fund Financial Statement audit. Additionally, this position will be supporting Sehlke Consulting’s design, implementation and management of the GFAS project and team.
EDUCATION: Masters' Degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, or Business Management required.
CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Defense Financial Management (CDFM), Certified Government Financial Management (CGFM), or CPA desired and can be a substitution to the Masters’ Degree requirement.
• Four (4) years of DoD or federal level financial management work experience.
LABOR CATEGORY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide end-to-end life cycle support to the statement of budgetary resources (SBR) processes resulting in improving the Army and Commands audit infrastructure.
• Manage, review, and deliver the Prepared By Client (PBC) and Sample requests with proper document retention; participating in auditor’s test of design (TOD) and test of effectiveness (TOE) walk throughs across the SBR processes, including but not limited to Military Payroll, Procurement, and Revenue.
• Provide direct audit liaison support to the Army Commands, System PMOs, Service Providers and internal technical business process teams to address audit findings and monitor Corrective Action Plan (CAP) cycle development, execution, and validation.
• Analyze data across the financial statement business processes for the SBR audits and identify trends.
• Develop reporting metrics and graphs to present audit progress.
• Assist in developing reports and briefings for high level Army leadership and external organizations.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledgeable of GAAP, FASAB, GAGAS, Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR), DoD financial management policies and procedures.
• Knowledgeable of DJMS, SAP, GFEBS, and other Army Financial and Personnel systems.
• Knowledge of Human Resource Command, DFAS, OTSG, and Army Major Internal Controls groups.
• Experienced in performing financial statement audits and audit readiness services, familiar with pertinent OMB policies and federal financial management systems requirements.
• Knowledgeable in Army business processes.
• Detail oriented with an ability to work independently.
• Business process improvement, financial statement audit, internal controls, DFAS, Audit Readiness, Army experience, corrective action plans.
• SAP or GFEBS experience is a plus
• Experience in internal controls, risk, business process improvement, developing CAPs, financial statement audit, audit readiness, etc.
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Arlington, VA. We are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer that values the strength of diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, medical condition or disability.