Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. To help us on this path, we are looking for a product leader who will lead the strategy and execution for Twilio's Flex contact center platform.
The Strategic Connections team in the Integrations Pillar is in charge of building better-than-native integrations with industry leading advertising and analytics tools. In addition, this team improves the integration data model and customer experience, based on close contact with our customers and Segment’s Research team. Lastly, this team supports our internal Professional Services group to deliver enhancements for our largest customers. We are seeking a product-minded Engineering Manager to directly lead the Strategic Connections team. In this role, you’ll shape the team roadmap, working closely with a team of full stack engineers to best use and extend the Integrations Platform. Additionally, you will work directly with our largest technology partners to implement integrations with their latest offerings. The team currently consists of five engineers. Your influence will extend outside of the team as you work closely with peers in the Pillar with an eye for reliability, high availability, throughput, and security.
We are looking for a Senior Product Leader who lives Twilio Magic. The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language.
- 1+ years of engineering management experience in building and scaling a full-stack engineering team.
- Experience driving career growth for early-in-career and senior full stack engineers.
- The ability to synthesize all inputs and develop a roadmap balancing product and technical improvements in partnership with product management.
- A consistent record of delivering on a team roadmap.
- Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available and performant fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Solid grasp of Linux systems and networking concepts.
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements through to debugging complex systems in Production.
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services.
- You have been a developer yourself with a minimum of five years of hands-on experience developing and scaling Go, Java, node.js or similar technical stacks. Experience leading software engineers in technical and complex operations environment are highly desired. Ideally, you have experience in a production Cloud / DevOps environment.
- Manage and develop a team of world-class full-stack engineers on the Strategic Connections team.
- Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- Be hands-on with the engineering team - contribute to the code base as you ramp up and be ready to help out in a bind.
- Institute development standard methodologies to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code. Lead code and architecture design reviews
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is cross-training and a healthy balance between features and technical debt.
- Serve as the team’s Scrum Master, breaking down roadblocks as well as managing communications with partners and dependent teams. Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- As a member of the Engineering Management team, foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders.
- Act as an ambassador for Segment, recruiting and motivating top talent.
- Projects we’re working on
- New integrations with the latest APIs and features from Adobe, Facebook, Google, and Salesforce, including new server to server and batch behavior.
- Improvements to the core integrations platform and tooling that powers our destination catalog, including evolving new levels of extensibility, and improving the overall developer experience.
- Features to make it easier for customers to configure and manage their integrations in the Segment web application or via API.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, you're learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $146,240.00 - $182,800
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $127,960.00 - $159,950
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks