Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team, you’ll help to empower our entire R&D organization. Alongside a diverse distributed Infrastructure group you’ll participate in building the next iteration of our service platform; focusing on the reliability, operability, observability, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness of our production infrastructure.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Software Engineer, Systems Administrator, Operations Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or another similar role.
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with good communication skills, sense of ownership, and drive.
- Experience operating large-scale, distributed systems on top of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Compute Platform (GCP).
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Go, Python, Node.js, Bash, or similar languages.
- A proven grasp of Linux systems administration and programming concepts.
- Have hands-on experience with container orchestration frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes, EKS, ECS).
- Have hands-on experience in operating event-based systems (e.g. Kafka) capable of processing millions of events per second and petabytes of data each month.
- Possess a broad understanding of the Linux kernel internals and networking protocols.
- Are proficient in metrics tooling such as Datadog and Prometheus.
- Have lead teams, large projects, or been the owner of an important system.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Write software to build, maintain, automate, and introspect our production systems.
- Mentor teams to reliably and cost effectively operate and maintain their services.
- Build the next version of Segment’s Service Platform (focused on deployment and observability) to support teams in deploying hundreds of services across a multi-region cloud environment.
- Take proactive steps to improve our availability, reliability, and efficiency.
- Participate in driving Segment as a market leader in the development of Open Source Software like kafka-go, chamber, kubeapply, etc.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support our business-critical infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Engineering group is central to Segment’s Platform strategy. The ecosystem of tools that your team creates and supports are the foundation for the services built by Product teams. In order to maintain our leadership position in the customer engagement space we must continue to build innovative services that support our developers in seamlessly delivering value to customers. You will partner with some of the brightest minds in the industry to push the boundaries of web-scale service delivery.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $109,824 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $96,096 - $120,120
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks