At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
As the RVP of Enterprise Sales, US Southeast, you will be an integral part of the Sales leadership team and report directly to the AVP of Enterprise Sales for North America. You will lead and grow a team of Enterprise Account Executives in our Southeast region who focus on expanding the adoption of Segment across our large enterprise accounts. You will join a team of highly motivated, energetic sales professionals that take pride in establishing new customer relationships, running strategic sales cycles and delivering the Segment message to a wide base of accounts across various industries.
For the right person that can bring vision, purpose, and drive to our fastest growing market, this position offers the unique opportunity to have a dramatic impact on the success of Segment and be the driving force of our expansion in the enterprise.
What you’ll do:
- Help develop and execute strategy for massive growth of our Enterprise US Southeast market
- Hire, train and lead a team of Enterprise Account Executives in the US Southeast
- Oversee and ensure successful execution of strategic, complex sales cycles
- Engage at the executive level with existing & prospective Fortune 500 accounts
- Motivate Individuals and team to exceed targets through coaching and mentorship
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have 8+ years of complex solution sales & 3+ years of sales leadership experience, selling to large enterprise accounts
- Maintain a proven record of consistently exceeding quotas
- Are strategic enough to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Are proficient in modern sales processes/methodologies
- Can hire, train, and lead top-tier Account Executives
- Have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Are passionate about the marketing technology & data landscape
- Have an excellent presence and proven ability to influence at all levels
- Possess strong analytical skill with a deep understanding of forecasting & managing through data
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.