At Segment, we strive to help businesses use data to provide their customers with highly personalized, effective experiences that drive value. Sitting on top of Segment’s data infrastructure and pipelines, Personas is the brain that provides businesses with easy-to-use yet powerful ways of applying customer data to business needs. We’ve recently joined forces with Twilio, the world’s leading cloud communication platform that enables businesses to engage customers across all channels, from text to Whatsapp to email and we’re partnering with them to build the customer engagement platform of the future. Personas sits strategically at the center of this customer engagement platform.
As the Engineering Manager on the Personas team, you’ll lead and grow a team of experienced Segment engineers (and newcomers) in the design and building of high scale systems, novel user interfaces, and allow our customers to understand and leverage the full power of our product. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring, sharing knowledge, and guiding the technical decisions of the team to set us up for long-term success, both as a product and as a team.
How You’ll Do It
- Manage and develop a team of world-class Engineers
- Be a strong technical leader for the team, partnering closely with engineers to design and implement high quality solutions
- Grow your team with engineers across all career ranges, and assist in hiring across Personas
- Develop long term technical roadmaps in close partnership with engineering and product leadership
- Help Personas collaborate with our largest customers, and across the larger Twilio organization.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language
- 5+ years of engineering management experience in building and scaling multiple backend, infrastructure or platform teams with full-stack components
- Experience driving career growth for early-in-career, mid-level and senior engineers
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements through to debugging complex systems in Production.
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services.
- You have been a developer yourself with a minimum of five years of hands-on experience developing and scaling Go, Java or similar technical stacks.
- Track record hiring and developing engineering talent at different career points
A bit about Segment:
- We started small and have done a lot and have big ambitions.
- We love open source and also support it with paid fellowships and sponsorship.
- People love working at Segment.
- We love talking about what we learned in public and in private.
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!