At Segment, we strive to help businesses use data to provide their customers with highly personalized, effective experiences that drive value. Sitting on top of Segment’s data infrastructure and pipelines, Personas is the brain that provides businesses with easy-to-use yet powerful ways of applying customer data to business needs. We’ve recently joined forces with Twilio, the world’s leading cloud communication platform that enables businesses to engage customers across all channels, from text to Whatsapp to email and we’re partnering with them to build the customer engagement platform of the future. Personas sits strategically at the center of this customer engagement platform.
We’re hiring a Lead Product Designer to drive the vision, strategy, and execution of the ultimate culmination of Segment + Twilio and our vision for Marketing Automation. This is an incredibly unique opportunity to be a strategic leader taking a high value, high impact product to market with huge visibility and buy in across both Segment and Twilio.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with cross-functional leads to create and execute on the end-to-end Marketing Automation product strategy. More on how we do that here!
- Lead and collaborate with embedded product designers on Marketing Automation teams to craft Segment product experiences that empower, delight, and excite our customers
- Work across the Marketing Automation teams to bring shape and visibility to the proposed service by leading collaborative blueprinting and mapping of journeys
- Partner with research to deeply understand customer needs for your product area, and anchor your team in those insights as well
- Leverage our design system to solve customer problems creatively — maybe even contribute to said design system, Evergreen, along the way!
- Facilitate co-creation workshops with stakeholders in order to propose the most viable solutions for a given problem
What you’ll bring:
- Experience driving end-to-end product design that is relentlessly customer focused
- 4+ years of experience — ideally working in B2B, data infrastructure, or similar product experiences (but totally cool if not!)
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and other designers to develop product strategy
- An ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- A deep desire to constantly improve, up-level your quality of work, and collaborate with a fun team along the way
- Industry expertise in customer data, marketing automation, or integrations.
- Experience driving end-to-end service design
Okay, last thing. A little bit about our design team…
We are a small but mighty group of about ten. Some of us are super into watching a really good movie, and can definitely give you great recommendations there, while others are really into Netflix reality shows. And some of us have been pretty productive in indoors during last year by taking up illustration, or you know, raising our kids. And don’t worry — we’ve brought on quite a few people remotely now, so we’re getting the hang of it.
But mostly, we’re a group of people who genuinely enjoy each other’s company and the ability to work on some really cool, complex problems together. You’ll find us hanging out in the same Figma file during a design brainstorm, or trying not to get killed during a team game of Among Us. If a deeply kind, fun, collaborative team sounds like fun to you, well… we encourage you to apply! We’d love to have you.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept differences — we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 120,832 - 151,040
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: 105,728 - 132,160
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks