At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market. Our goal is to make life easier for our customers and to leave them with the “wow” feeling of having solved their technical issues with ease.
We’re looking for a customer-facing Solutions Architect to join our new Launch team. We're looking for someone who loves helping people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in the success of our customers. This position is for someone who has strong technical aptitude and organization skills, the ability to make sophisticated technical concepts easy to consume and wants to stay close to customers in a customer-facing environment at a fast-moving startup
As a Solutions Architect on the Launch Team, you’ll be tasked with leading technical enablement engagements with our growth customers world wide and supporting ongoing efforts to optimize and scale our service offering for the commercial tier. As Segment allows to collect data from a large variety of sources being the Web the most important one, it’s critical that you are very familiar with Web developer tools and tracking technologies and key MarTech concepts such as pirate metrics and conversion funnel. Familiarity with multiple coding languages, mobile frameworks, APIs, data warehouses and SQL are a plus. To ensure that our engagements finish on time and in scope, it’s important that you are very well organized and can communicate properly and effectively internally and externally.
You’d be joining a team of talented individuals that care deeply about Segment’s customers, partners, each other and the broader community. We judge ourselves on how well we serve each of those stakeholders. So if you enjoy working with smart people and helping to build a company that cares about quality, you’ve found the right place.
- Help customers understand Segment, our API methods and how to leverage them to implement their core data flows to fuel key use cases and unlock value
- Help customers instrumenting Segment and designing key events by following our semantic specs, documenting design on a well laid out tracking plan, support customer teams with deep technical analysis and troubleshooting as they validate their setup, guide customers to leverage Segment’s capabilities to build and maintain a single view of their user journeys
- Complete enablement engagements on time and in scope and accurately report on project effort and status
- Design a data structure that will gracefully flow downstream into integrations or SQL warehouses
- Become a Segment expert and a MarTech ecosystem expert
- Develop the ability to deliver technical enablement projects and drive customers and data projects to success by dealing with a variety of stakeholders ranging from timeline-driven project managers, sophisticated marketers, technical engineers, and strategic business partners
- Strong commitment to learning the ins and outs of a sophisticated technical product
- Love for explaining technical concepts and the moment where you see things “click”
- Understanding of key MarTech concepts such as customer journey, pirate metrics, conversion funnel, attribution, analytics, adtech, CRM, mobile, NPS and more
- Organized and able to produce well laid out and easy to consume documentation
- Solid SQL skills and data model exposure - strong query-writing skills is a big asset!
- Experience with MarTech ecosystem tools (Analytics, Attribution, BI, Advertising, Engagement, etc..) is a plus
- Mobile frameworks, APIs and server-side languages are a plus
- Project coordination experience is a plus
This role requires you being full-time in our Dublin office and will require shift work.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept difference - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.