Segment is the market leading Customer Data Platform (CDP) that helps 20k companies including IBM, Peloton and DoorDash manage their customer data to personalize every customer interaction. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. Before you ask, the answer is a big “Yes!”; these values aren’t simply painted on the office walls and ignored, but rather they are apparent in all things we do at Segment. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, check out our LinkedIn page.
Our SDR team is the greatest pipeline generating team on the planet! At Segment, you’ll have a direct impact in sourcing new business for the company. Despite being 100% remote for the time being, we collaborate with one another daily, push each other to do the best work of our lives, AND bring an unparalleled level of energy & drive to our jobs. If this role excites you but you think you don’t check every box, we still encourage you to apply - we’re already looking forward to meeting you!
We’re looking for people who want to grow their careers within Segment & Twilio. In the last 9 months, 13 SDRs have been promoted into different teams throughout the organization, including the sales, enablement, and marketing teams. In addition, there are roles reserved in the sales organization for SDR internal promotions. SDRs are typically in the role for 18-24 months before moving into their next role. Currently, SDRs are eligible to move into SDR Leadership, Account Executive, Customer Success Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Recruiter, and Sales Enablement roles.
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have 1+ year of customer-facing experience (but if not, don’t sweat it!)
- Growth-oriented and are in it for the long haul (excited for leadership and customer-facing career opportunities!)
- You’re goal oriented and biased to action (at Segment, our quota is the floor not the ceiling!)
- Are excited to go above and beyond to delight your prospects (creative, strategic outreach including hyper-personalized emails, calls, and videos!)
- Lean into change rather than shy away from it (things move quickly around here!)
- Look forward to variety in a normal workday (thanks to the creativity & personalization in this role, each day is a new adventure!)
- You have navigated challenges and overcome obstacles (resilience is a core skill for becoming a great SDR!)
- Embrace responsibility and are excited about joining forces with various Account Executives (teamwork makes the dream work!)
This role requires being full-time in Denver or San Francisco.