At Segment, a Twilio Company, we believe that all companies grow through a foundation of complete, standardized, compliant, and accessible customer data that can be sent wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy through our Customer Data Platform that collects, governs, and activates customer data from and to hundreds of business tools with the flick of a switch. Our goal is to make using customer data easy, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join the team.
The Strategic Partner SE role has the opportunity to cultivate and enable key technology partners and key channel partners to assist our customer-facing teams in generating pipeline, closing deals, and realizing the success of our customers.
This is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have an impact on the next phase of Segment’s and Twilio’s go-to-market strategy through Partnerships.
What you’ll do
- Act as the technical point of contact for all priority/focus partners
- Provide feedback to Product to drive inputs and evolution of Segment’s roadmap
- Define and document best practices for deployment of joint partner solutions
- Synthesize and communicate customer feedback about integrations
- Enable partners on the technical merits and differentiators of Segment
- Scope out new integrations and craft PRDs in partnership with BD and Product
- Create relevant documentation for partners’ and customers’ consumption
- Provide support for certification and inclusion in Technology Partner Programs
- Contribute criteria for partner tiering and certification in Segment's ecosystem
- Conduct technical enablement for partners and develop strategies and initiatives to drive scale which includes building, defining and executing technical enablement programs
- Create customized demos and joint POC’s/pilots to show high value use cases
- Define Segment technical skills progression
- Support partner RFPs for sourced and co-sell opportunities
- Work with partner Architects and Developers to gather project deployment feedback
- Create and update self-serve Sales and Implementation Enablement certification paths in LMS
- Monitor and Analyze Partner Progression through Enablement and Activation
- Work with GSI's and Channel Alliances to develop end-to-end managed services packages
- Light touch support for initial implementations of newer partners
You’re a great fit if you …
- Are eager and motivated to learn new technologies
- Are a self starter with strong problem solving skills
- Have experience creating and delivering training and enablement
- Understand complex sales processes, build consensus and be adept at developing relationships at multiple levels.
- Have strong domain expertise in the areas of advertising, martech and SaaS applications
- Are able to rally internal cross-functional resources to enable partner success.
- Have the ability to set priorities, focus on details and motivate internal and external teams to deliver agreed-upon goals.
- Have stand out verbal, written and communications skills
- Have strong problem solving skills.
- Have 3-8 years of experience in Sales engineering, Solution architecture, Business Development, Customer Success
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.