At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Segment Recruiting sits at the heart of our business and we care about making impact over anything else. We’re a small, highly driven team that prefers strategic problem solving over mass volume recruiting. We partner closely with our hiring managers to figure out creative solutions to one of the hardest problems in tech - how to build a world-class team in one of the most competitive hiring markets to date.
What we do:
- Segment’s business has taken off and we’re growing intentionally. We keep our hiring team small and nimble which means there’s ample opportunity for ownership.
- We believe that you have to stand out in order to attract top talent. It’s not a volume game anymore, it’s about differentiating your opportunity. We’re always trying to push the status quo and think 10 steps ahead of our competition.
- We build deep relationships with our hiring managers and treat them like true partners. Our hiring managers know that one of their main jobs is to recruit, and they commit a percentage of their time each week to working with our team. They do so much more than interview - they work with us on messaging, they write blog posts, they spend time helping us drum up referrals, and more! Our recruiters aren’t alone in their pursuit of the perfect candidate.
- We solve problems as a team. We’re a close knit group and work with each other daily.
- Our team cares deeply about building a diverse company. We don’t just try to fill our open positions, but we layer on diversity goals and experiment with different strategies to hit our total number goal while also building a team that reflects the composition of our city and country.
- We have fun! We organize team events of our own accord, and we genuinely enjoy getting to know one another as people and not just coworkers.
Who we are looking for:
- You are a sourcing powerhouse and get creative in getting top talent excited.
- You are deeply motivated by being a strategic partner to the business. You will help define hiring needs by looking at projected growth, team structure and current talent trends.
- You have a problem solving mindset and you like to collaborate and brainstorm with your team to find solutions.
- You like to work closely with hiring managers to calibrate, iterate, and engage them in creative tactics.
- You nurture candidate relationships and believe that a smaller, targeted pipeline is more beneficial than a bloated, high volume one.
- You want to work at a company that is passionate about hiring a diverse workforce and making sure we support all types of people at Segment.
- You want to change the talent industry at large and figure out the best ways of recruiting in a highly competitive environment.
- Ideally 4+ years of combined in-house and agency recruiting experience, but we care less about "years of experience" and more about the impact and results of your work: you can have 4 years of recruiting experience and be stronger than someone with 10.
- You’re able to run a full cycle recruiting process and own engaging talent, wrangling the hiring team, evaluating the candidate correctly, and closing senior talent.
- You’re able to juggle various roles at once and you use creative strategies to build a consistent, humming pipeline.
- You are able to nail down difficult profiles and you understand the profiles for leading competitors.
- You thrive and ruthlessly prioritize in a constantly changing environment.
- You’re motivated by challenging targets and you enjoy setting new records.
- You are an excellent communicator and you are able to build productive and positive relationships with people of all levels.
- You are able to work with leadership on employment branding and creative strategies to build long term candidate relationships.
- You are creative and resourceful in problem-solving to ensure that you always get the job done.
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Segment's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Compensation: $40/hour - $50/hour