At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We're looking to grow our sales team by finding bright, hardworking Account Executives who can sell a technical product to a range of business functions (developers, marketing, product, BI, analytics) with integrity and conviction. We're still a young team, so each member plays an integral role in building the foundation of our future sales organization. You will be the dominant driver of revenue growth, and be on the main lines of evangelizing our platform to both new and existing customers.
Candidates Must sit in Denver, CO; New York, NY; or San Francisco, CA
What you’ll do:
- Spearhead the growth & adoption of Segment
- Manage full sales cycles from initial conversion by the Sales Development Team
- Uncover new opportunities from our existing customers and target accounts
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively managing your pipeline of opportunities and weekly sales forecasts
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams (Legal, Engineering, Security, Marketing, Product) to efficiently navigate complex sales cycles
- Engage in team development and mentoring
- Lead compelling presentations of Segment’s product and vision to a broad range of audiences from c-level executives to individual contributors
You’re a great fit if you…
- 1+ years of experience in a closing role at a SaaS provider, with a record of top performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of the marketing technology industry and key players
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing and evolving work environment
- Unwavering drive to be successful and constantly develop your career
- Intellectual curiosity and high ambition
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.