Tribe and Karma of the Team:
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We’re growing incredibly fast — this is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have a positive impact at a hyper-growth company. We’re looking for someone who is excited to join a team where they can proactively identify and implement systems and process improvements to help grow and scale the business.
Drive and Focus of the Role:
As FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for partnering closely with our Success & Marketing teams to enable Segment to reach its ambitious growth and efficiency goals. Your responsibilities will include building forecasting models, preparation and management of budgets, operational and management reporting, and ad hoc analysis to support management decision making. The role will also include communication and presentation to senior leaders (VP+). The FP&A Manager will be expected to expand beyond typical financial responsibilities and be a strategic thought partner to the executive leaders of the teams you support. Expectations also include working collaboratively across organizations and establishing/improving processes to enable our next stage of growth
- Financial Modeling: Build and maintain clear and easy to understand models that allow for scenario analysis
- Communication: Effectively communicate with senior leaders and drive strategic decision making with executive team members
- Business Analysis: Identify and construct KPIs that provide visibility into org effectiveness and efficiency, providing actionable recommendations
- Planning / Forecasting: Lead planning and forecasting activities with business partners to achieve business and company goals. Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast. Perform sensitivity analyses to assess reasonable range of outcomes.
- Reporting: Report and provide in-depth analysis on monthly Actuals vs. Forecast / Budget to leadership. Use reporting as an opportunity to drive meaningful inspection of the business and to help drive decision-making
- Process Improvement / Financial Infrastructure: Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field (MBA preferred); or relevant years of experience
- Combination of 6+ years experience in FP&A and investment banking, private equity or venture capital (technology or SaaS experience preferred)
- Experience supporting go-to-market functions (bonus points for experience in Marketing and/or Success) including developing key metrics, building driver-based models, and ensuring alignment across teams
- Extensive understanding and substantial knowledge of FP&A best practices, including headcount planning, driver-based modeling, budgeting, and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to all levels and with cross-functional business partners, and present results highlighting areas of judgment and strategic impact
- Analytical skills and ability to research issues, make evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions
- Highly motivated, self-driven, able to drive projects independently and able to deal well with ambiguity
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $90,752 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $79,408 - $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks