Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
As a key part of the Market Strategy & Planning team at Segment, this role will partner with the broader marketing organization to maximize their business impact. Using a mix of customer insight, funnel analysis, and business acumen, you will prioritize the levers at the marketing team’s disposal to drive revenue growth. You will own the design and delivery of projects that act upon the priorities you identify and build long-term, durable value for Segment. You will be an ambassador to revenue operations, sales, product, finance, and other cross-functional teams to ensure marketing priorities are understood and aligned with broader company efforts.
- 5-7+ years of work experience in marketing operations, sales/revenue operations, or sales strategy in a high-growth B2B technology business.
- Are comfortable working with complex data sets to uncover insight.
- Have a proven track record of scaling cross-functional go-to-market initiatives.
- Can deliver high-quality work while managing multiple projects.
- Can maintain good judgment in fast-paced environments.
- Can interact with executives with confidence, and articulate business dynamics that reflect an understanding of their function.
- Have excellent written and oral communication with visual presentation skills.
- Are comfortable navigating analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker), with demonstrated spreadsheet-based planning and modeling expertise.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce (SFDC) with thorough understanding of reporting and how lead, contact, account, and opportunity objects work together.
- MBA, investment banking, or consulting background that is paired with your operating experience at a high-growth technology company.
- Worked at technology companies at different stages in their growth curve (both early-stage and late-stage).
- Experience working with different B2B marketing attribution and multi-touch models.
- Proficiency with SQL or other data query languages used in analytics.
- Develop business modeling and forecasting methodologies that help Segment better understand key levers for impact and where investment is needed.
- Design, own, and drive to through delivery initiatives designed to improve marketing impact on Segment’s business results.
- Provide strategic counsel to marketing executives anchored in data and customer insight.
- Uncover market opportunities for Segment, and align marketing capabilities with the rest of the organization to qualify and capture.
- Manage and improve the process for how the group sets, tracks, and reports on activity that ties to measurable business impact.
- Collaborate with Analytics and Finance teams to measure the success of the organization through data for executive-level review.
- Streamline and manage the group’s budget setting, tracking, and reconciliation process.
- Be a conduit to cross-functional teams for sharing insight, and delivering feedback to marketing teams in service of building a learning organization.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $82,496.00 - $103,120.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $72,184.00 - $90,230.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks