At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. More recently, we also developed the ability to let customers enrich their data in real time using computations they specify. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We’re looking for an experienced customer-facing Solutions Architect who loves helping people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in the success of our largest enterprise customers. This position is for someone who has a strong technical aptitude, extensive customer-facing experience, and a regimented project management approach.
As a Solutions Architect, you’ll be tasked with leading technical onboarding engagements with our enterprise customers and supporting ongoing efforts to build a world-class professional services organization. Given the complex nature of Segment’s products, it’s critical that you are familiar with multiple coding languages, web/mobile frameworks, APIs, data warehouses, MySQL, and the broad ecosystem of marketing tech integrations we send data to. To ensure that our engagements finish on time and in scope, it’s important that you are well versed in project management principles and have experience managing projects for complex organizations with diverse stakeholders.
You’d be joining a team of talented individuals that care deeply about Segment’s customers, partners, each other and the broader community. We judge ourselves on how well we serve each of those stakeholders. So if you enjoy working with smart people and helping to build a company that cares about quality, you’ve found the right place.
What you’ll do:
- Help customers instrument Segment APIs across their stack (web, mobile, server) and maximize the value generated from the many end tool and warehouse integrations Segment supports
- Complete onboarding engagements within budget and scope
- Design a data structure that will gracefully flow downstream into integrations or SQL warehouses
- Develop and iterate on internal processes to ensure consistency across our onboarding engagements
- Work closely with the product team to improve customer success across our entire platform
- Become a guide on the code base and functionality of the Segment platform, libraries, and integrations. And help improve it!
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have experience deploying a sophisticated technical product with Fortune 500 clients
- Are able to deal with variety of stakeholders ranging from timeline-driven project managers, sophisticated marketers, technical engineers, and strategic business partners
- Are an expert in multiple areas of the MarTech ecosystem and concepts including attribution, analytics, adtech, CRM, mobile, NPS and more
- Have deep project management experience
- Are passionate about learning the ins and outs of a complicated technical product
- Love for explaining technical concepts and the moment where you see things “click”
- Can write SQL queries and have experience with data architecture
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working closely with or implementing any of our
- Are PMP certified (or have a similar accreditation)
- Were a full-time software engineer at any point in your career
This role requires you being full-time in our San Francisco headquarters.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.