- Understand and qualify customers' goals and effectively articulate Segment's ability to meet these goals.
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of and document the customers' architectural solutions/environment.
- Work in concert with the Enterprise Account Executives to build and adapt sales strategies and drive towards successful sales into F500 companies.
- Assist in sales stages such as opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof of Concept presentations (POC), RFP responses & business justification in a technical pre-sales capacity.
- Ensure the success of customer POCs through effective management of success criteria, planning and execution.
- Distill and advocate customer interests, needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
- Maintaining awareness of internal roadmap and new product features to evangelize with customers and their feedback to Segment product management and engineering groups.
- Continuously learn and update skills and keep aware of industry trends in the integration and data management space.
- Spearhead the growth & adoption of Segment with customers.
- Manage full sales cycles from initial conversion by the Sales Development Team.
- Uncover new opportunities from our existing customers and target accounts.
- Provide input to derive timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively managing your pipeline of opportunities and weekly sales forecasts.
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams (Legal, Engineering, Security, Marketing, Product) to efficiently navigate complex sales cycles. Engage in team development and mentoring.
- Lead compelling presentations of Segment's product and vision to a broad range of audiences from c-level executives to individual contributors.