At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. Our goal is to make using data easy, and we’re looking for people to join us on the journey. We are excited about building toward a world where engineers at other companies spend their time working on their core product, rather than spending nights and weekends tweaking their customer data into various formats for 3rd party tools.
We’re looking for software engineering generalists who are excited to jump between our frontend(mostly React/Node) and backend (mostly Go — we’re huge fans). Our small team is providing the data infrastructure for thousands of companies and processing billions of API calls every day. Our customer base has been exploding and our infrastructure doubling every six months, so we have a number of challenges on both the product and backend side.
What will you work on?
As a generalist, you’re likely to work on a number of different areas of the stack. Here are a few things that engineers have been working on and thinking about these past few months:
- Work with React, Webpack, Redux, and ES2016 to build our product
- Use AWS, Go, Node, Docker, Kafka, and Terraform to scale our infrastructure
- Provide a reliable experience with Segment at massive scale
- Focus on driving positive impact across the business
- Provide a delightful product experience for every customer
- Write and teach
- Experienced with and passionate about working on products with customer traction. This can be at a big company, a small company, or a side project!
- CS Degree, experience hacking on Open Source or building apps people love. Many of our best engineers don’t have a degree; some didn’t even go to high school!
- Deep knowledge developing and debugging in your favorite programming language
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.