At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Segment is hiring an Executive Assistant to support two members of our Sales leadership team. This is a challenging and exciting role with the opportunity to work closely with the company’s leaders in a fast-paced and growing company.
As a member of the Executive Operations team, you’ll partner with your teammates in a shared passion to extend beyond a traditional administrative support support model and be a force multiplier for company and its leaders.
You’re a great fit if…
- Incredibly sharp and driven professional with a calm confidence that lacks ego.
- You’re a constant learner with a high level of EQ who can be a gatekeeper without being a blocker. You’re flexible and collaborate with your fellow teammates to move business forward.
- You have a positive demeanor and are deeply relationship-oriented, understanding the value in building relationships both department and company-wide.
- You are able to anticipate the needs of your executive and can seamlessly step into and out of workflows.
- You always operate with a strict level of confidentiality and discretion; raising opportunities for improvement or concerns to your executives when appropriate and with no personal agenda.
- You are comfortable managing agendas for critical meetings, taking notes, and following-up on the status of any actions needed.
- You have a special knack for seeing around corners and can anticipate needs before they arise, making sure your executives are prepared and able to be effective in their meetings.
- You have a strong sense of integrity and maintain total confidentiality, both internally and externally.
- You are a strong communicator able to convey complex ideas with clarity, confidence, and authority. Comfortable proofreading & drafting email communications on behalf of your executive.
- You are comfortable giving and receiving direct, succinct, and actionable feedback.
- You are a master of logistics with an eye for detail. You never drop the ball on calendar management, email correspondence, travel, or logistics.
What you’ll do:
- Flawless management of dynamic global calendars
- Organize and coordinate international/domestic travel
- Manage expenses
- Coordinate, plan, and organize small-to large-scale team meetings on behalf or your executives
- Attend meetings and provide administrative support e.g. tracking meeting minutes, action items and follow-ups
- Manage communication to and from both internal and external stakeholders
- Act as an extra pair of eyes and ears to your executive
- Manage competing demands, prioritize requests and balance the needs of both internal and external stakeholders
- Strengthen and facilitate relationships with Exec(s) and the org
Bonus points if you:
- Have a minimum of 3+ years of experience partnering with executives
- Experience working in a dynamic, high growth, constantly changing technology startup
- Experience scheduling point-to-point travel and meetings across multiple time zones
- Experience with all aspects of event management
- Strong understanding of Google Suite and teleconferencing applications
- Highly organized independent/proactive thinker
- Self-motivated and self-solving with a bias for action
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with exemplary multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities
- Flexible work schedule
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.