At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Segment’s Workplace Operations team is looking for a bright, hardworking, experienced people manager to manage our NA office workplace experience operations. As a manager for Workplace Operations you will be responsible for supporting the next phase of growth here at Segment, managing processes that scale as part of a global team and becoming a champion for Segment’s values. This role is key for creating and maintaining environments that set Segment employees up for success, ensuring that we deliver fun, safe and holistic spaces. You will manage hard and soft service programs and projects as well as partnering with cross functional teams and stakeholders. You must have the ability to think high level but not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and be an individual contributor.
What you’ll do:
- Own overall leadership responsibilities for North American office operations & delivery of workplace services
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight of our Workplace Operations team, including our Front of House team and North American office coordinators
- Build relationships and proactively partner with business stakeholders to understand key success factors and improve employee experience
- Create and foster programs that promote strong customer service to our employees, visitors and guests
- Create productive workspaces and manage office improvement and expansion projects in North American Offices
- Develop, maintain operating and capital expense forecasts and budgets, tracking spend against plan
- Develop and track performance metrics and KPIs including those related to budgets, team performance and space utilization
- Act as liaison with landlord and building management teams to ensure quality support and service
- Oversee Shipping & Receiving function
- Create and develop vendor quality control programs and performance contracts where required
- Partner with Global Head of Workplace Operations on future staffing models
- Supervising, mentoring, training, and coaching our office staff and delegating assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
You’re a great fit if…
- You have 5+ years of managing workplace operations in a high growth tech environment
- You have experience managing distributed teams and remote employees
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a deep understanding workplace planning, operations and construction management
- You have excellent financial and analytical skills
- You have a solid understanding of contract negotiations and fundamentals
- You have a strong ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment
- You are self-motivated and work well under minimal supervision
- You are friendly and are able to build productive and positive relationships with people of all levels.
- You are able to travel as required up to 20%
Bonus points if you:
- Have industry related certifications
- Lease negotiation and portfolio management experience
This role requires you to be in our San Francisco headquarters.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.