At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Segment is looking for smart, ambitious Revenue Operations Analyst interested in helping steer our fast-growing sales organization. Working closely with a senior management team that has successfully built other successful enterprise SaaS companies, you will help grow and scale our global revenue-generating operations, increase sales efficiency, and develop new business processes. This is a multi-faceted role where you will work cross-functionally with our sales team, finance, operations, marketing, and product teams. We are seeking people with a passion for helping others and who are eager to take on a variety of projects in a dynamic environment. Proven problem solving and communication skills are required, and a quantitative or technical background is a big plus. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ location.
What You’ll Do:
• Provide comprehensive sales operational support, including but not limited to territory management, headcount and capacity management, account and opportunity management, and support case responses
• Quickly solve sales process pain points in the moment, while developing long-term solutions
• Partner with our Sales Leaders to develop strategies to enable our fast-growing sales team to scale effectively, including organizational structure plans and necessary sales processes
• Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process/policies; develop operational measurements to identify business process issues and provide recommendations and solutions to business challenges
• Assist in the governance of all Sales Policies across a global sales team; run routine audits to verify compliance at all levels
• Build and maintain key documentation regarding our policies, sale processes, and requirements
You’re a great fit if you…
• Have strong organizational skills and business judgment with the ability to handle projects independently end-to-end
• Have excellent communication and critical thinking skills to understand sales policies and processes at a company and individual sales rep level
• Have previous experience with Salesforce in an administrator or power user capacity
• 2-5 years of experience in a sales operations role, preferably at technology companies with a sales team of 200+ people; or experience in similar growth or operations roles in a dynamic environment
• Bachelor's degree or higher; business, finance, economic, business, or engineering focus is a plus
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.