At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We're looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our team and support our go-to-market functions. A successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a passion for developing and mentoring others, and is an expert in building strong relationships with leaders at all levels. We need a HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a strategic business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with business leaders and managers to provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Participate in leadership meetings to diagnose and solve talent and organization problems
- Advocate for your functional teams and represent their needs to the broader company
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation of core People programs
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g., performance management, total rewards, mutual separations, conflict management...)
- Respond to manager and employee questions on a timely basis, providing support and advice
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication, reinforcing our mission and core values
- Support individual and team development as well as provide guidance to support the high growth and need to become more efficient and effective
You’re a great fit if…
- You have 8+ years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment
- You posses a genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others
- You are comfortable with open communication and giving and receiving open, constructive feedback respectfully
- You ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees