At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We’re growing incredibly fast — this is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have a positive impact at a hyper-growth company. We’re looking for someone who is excited to join a team where they can proactively identify and implement systems and process improvements to help grow and scale the business.
What you’ll do
As a Sales Compensation Manager, you will oversee operations and analysis of sales compensation for our go-to-market organization. In this high impact role, you will work closely with executives and internal functions including sales, sales operations, FP&A, accounting, and HR to improve and establish processes and systems for our next stage of growth.
- Drive operational processes including plan distribution, compensation calculations, and statement distribution
- Collaborate with HR, finance and accounting teams to meet monthly deadlines and ensure payments are made on a timely and accurate basis
- Track, research and resolve commission calculation-related inquiries and exceptions, including disputes and coordinate commission committee meetings
- Research, design, and implement sales compensation system(s)
- Coordinate with sales enablement to train sales team members on sales compensation systems and processes
- Build commission models to forecast costs and support decision making and resource allocation
- Provide insights and analysis to support plan design process
- Work cross-functionally to scale the commissions process and systems with the Company growth, maintaining a focus on continuous process improvement by identifying opportunities for efficiency and implementing time/resource saving solutions
- Execute special projects as needed
You’re a great fit if…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- You have five plus years of sales compensation experience in a SAAS or cloud-based company
- You have strong project management skills, and knowledge of sales compensation plan processes and procedures
- You have the ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- You have excellent communication and people skills and can provide a high level of customer service
- You have high attention to detail with strong analytical & organizational skills
- You have the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues independently
- You have high proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other systems including Xactly and/or Anaplan
- You have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- You have a collaborative working style and experience working across varying teams to achieve common goals
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.