At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We’re growing incredibly fast — this is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have a positive impact at a hyper-growth company. We’re looking for someone who is excited to join a team where they can proactively identify and implement systems and process improvements to help grow and scale the business.
What you’ll do
As a Finance Systems Manager, you will be a key driver of systems and process improvements on the team. In particular, you will be tasked with optimizing the current systems, establishing best-practices to help utilize Anaplan to automate routine processes, and scaling the our tools to meet future business needs as the company grows. The role will also include communication and presentation to senior leaders. Expectations include working collaboratively across organizations and improving and establishing processes to enable our next stage of growth.
- Own the current models within Anaplan and build future models and enhancements based agreed-upon road map that you will develop
- Manage the ongoing administration of Anaplan, including user roles and permissions, architecture of lists, modules, and dashboards, data flow and integrations, automation batch scripting, etc.
- Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements. Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work, root cause analysis and provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions; conduct requirements gathering/analysis following the Agile methodology.
- Act as a key contributor to planning and forecasting activities to achieve business and company goals. Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast. Perform sensitivity analyses to assess reasonable range of outcomes.
- Build a vision for best-in-class finance systems and develop a future road map of where Segment should invest, and project-manage future implementations from start to finish
- Effectively communicate with leaders and drive strategic decision-making with Finance team members
- Prepare clear and easy to understand models with a focus on flexibility to change assumptions and scalability of model outputs
You’re a great fit if…
- Have a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related analytics-related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, with at least 2-3 years of model building experience in Anaplan (technology or SaaS experience preferred)
- Hands-on experience with designing and supporting Anaplan integration with other business systems like NetSuite
- Have demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to all levels and with cross-functional business partners, and present results highlighting areas of judgment and strategic impact
- Have extensive understanding and substantial knowledge of corporate finance concepts and FP&A best practices, including headcount planning, driver-based modeling, budgeting, and forecasting
- Have strong analytical skills and ability to research issues, make evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions
- Are highly motivated, self-driven, able to drive projects independently and able to deal well with ambiguity
- Are a team player with a humble and positive attitude
- Are an expert in Excel and PowerPoint
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.