About You:

You want to bring vision, focus and a drive for impact to the team that serves our largest and most complex customers. You are a passionate leader that has led customer success organizations at fast growing companies and you know and appreciate how a Customer Success organization is motivated and challenged. You love being the executive sponsor and client counselor alongside your team. You know that building a healthy organization starts with great people and you’re excited to flex your stellar team building skills to mentor and coach more tenured managers and individual contributors to tackle increasingly complex customer engagements.

About the Role: 

You will be an integral part of the Customer Success senior leadership team reporting directly to the VP of Customer Success. Through your direct reports (Regional Directors), you’ll be responsible for regional pods of enterprise CSMs and a Global Strategic Accounts team. You will be an important partner to sales leadership both to ensure the commercial success of current customers and as a thought leader assisting in bringing in strategic new logos. 

You will be supporting the team through significant growth, both in number of teammates and geographic expansion. You’ll help define the role of CSM for these segments and drive hiring, development and accountability across your organization. As this team scales, you’ll need to use your cross-functional leadership to set clear expectations and collaboration points with teammates across success, sales, product and marketing. 

We believe that the best way to drive this organization’s financial and advocacy outcomes is to ensure customers realize the business objectives that led them to sign up with us. The customer success team works to help customers by connecting their use cases to the capabilities of our platform. Your key outcome metrics are customer retention and revenue expansion, but you’ll achieve those results by improving the business value and customer experience Segment delivers. 

Responsibilities:

• Within 30 days 
      • Learn and become conversant in Segment’s product, use cases for different verticals, and competitive position
      • Understand and become familiar with the installed customer base and critical customer renewals and implementations
      • Own hiring of your direct reports, i.e. regional directors, and help scale CSM hiring, as needed
      • Take on operational control of the enterprise business

• Within 60 days
      • Begin experimenting with changes to our Customer Success methodology, further defining the experience of Enterprise & Strategic accounts
      • Engage with critical accounts and prospects and develop direct relationships with executive sponsors
      • Own the health score analysis and renewal forecast for your portfolio
      • Work closely with sales and marketing to update how we communicate our post-sales experience 

• 90 days and beyond
    • Own customer escalations within your portfolio with minimal assistance
    • Know enough about Segment’s architecture and tool ecosystem to advise senior customer contacts on expanding their Segment use cases
    • Iterate and refine service offerings working alongside other Success teams

Requirements:

• Track record of driving customer outcomes by engaging directly with customers
  • Reputation with cross-functional teams as being innovative, accountable, and reliable
  • Experience managing high performing teams at a fast growing company
  • Demonstrated ability to advise teammates leading enterprise engagements ($1M+)
  • Analytical approach to prioritizing your and your team’s attention

If these statements describe you, you’d be a great fit:

• I’m excited to play many roles, including portfolio manager, customer advisor and coach
  • I love owning the end to end of whatever I get engaged in, including the details
  • I am excited and have experience managing multiple teams, in many locations 
  • I want to be a mentor to teammates that do and do not report to me
  • I enjoy mixing technical and business acumen to ensure technology solves real customer pain

Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.

Apply for this Job

* Required