At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Segment Recruiting sits at the heart of our business and we care about making impact over anything else. We are looking for our very first sourcers who will have the opportunity to build our sales sourcing strategy. We partner closely with our hiring managers to figure out creative solutions to one of the hardest problems in tech - how to build a world-class team in one of the most competitive hiring markets to date.
What we do:
- Segment’s business has taken off and we’re scaling quickly. We are doubling year over year, and investing heavily in building a best in class recruiting team that can think ahead and execute on lofty goals.
- We believe that you have to stand out in order to attract top talent. It’s about differentiating your opportunity while also maintaining volume to hit our goals. We’re always trying to push the status quo and think 10 steps ahead of our competition.
- We build deep relationships with our hiring managers and treat them like true partners. Our hiring managers know that one of their main jobs is to recruit, and they commit a percentage of their time each week to working with our team. They do so much more than interview - they work with us on messaging, they spend time helping us drum up referrals, they partner with us on branding events, and more! Our sourcers aren’t alone in their pursuit of the perfect candidate.
- We solve problems as a team. We’re a close knit group and work with each other daily.
- Our team cares deeply about building a diverse company. We don’t just try to fill our open positions, but we layer on diversity goals and experiment with different strategies to hit our total number goal while also building a team that reflects the composition of our city and country.
- We have fun! We organize team events of our own accord, and we genuinely enjoy getting to know one another as people and not just coworkers.
Who we are looking for:
- You are deeply motivated by building a high performing sales organization that consistently overachieves their goals.
- You are excited to work on consistent and effective strategies to build high volume pipelines and execute on sourcing campaigns, research, referral generation, events, and more.
- You have a problem solving mindset and you like to collaborate and brainstorm with your team to find solutions.
- You like to work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to engage candidates with creative tactics.
- You understand the business’ needs and create strategies to over achieve on all hiring goals.
- You want to work at a company that is passionate about hiring a diverse workforce and making sure we support all types of people at Segment.
- You love using new tools to make engaging, following up with and tracking talent simplified.
- You want to change the talent industry at large and figure out the best ways of sourcing in a highly competitive environment.
- 2+ years of sourcing or recruiting experience (we are open to various backgrounds including agency and startup experience).
- You’re able to juggle various roles at once and you use creative strategies to build a consistent, humming pipeline.
- You are able to nail down difficult profiles and you understand the profiles for leading competitors.
- You’re motivated by challenging targets and you enjoy setting new records.
- You enjoy leveraging data and making data informed decisions.
- You are an excellent communicator and you are able to build productive and positive relationships with people of all levels. You write in a professional yet engaging manner.
- You are creative and resourceful in problem-solving to ensure that you always get the job done.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.