At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. More recently, we also developed the ability to let customers enrich their data in real time using computations they specify. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
The Scaled Customer Success team at Segment is a new, small, and agile team that packs a big punch. We work with Segment’s core and fastest growing customers to help them grow even faster. We measure ourselves by the value we help our customers create, and the champions we develop along the way; these customers become Segment’s strongest advocates. The Scaled team’s impact doesn’t end there; the programs and processes we develop are used by other Customer Success teams, and our work influences what our Product teams build.
The Customer Success Program Manager position is a perfect role for someone who has an exceptional drive to execute and iterate on programs, loves talking to customers, has an analytical mindset, and is a strong writer. This role will own one-to-many customer engagement strategies for our long-tail customers. Do you thrive using analytics to prioritize in an ambiguous environment? Do you enjoy taking on the challenge of educating hundreds of customers at scale? Are you passionate about representing the voice of the customer with product? If so, you may be the Customer Success Program Manager we’re looking for!
What you’ll do:
- Connect with customers via scalable channels (email, in-app messages, webinar, etc.) to help solve problems
- Develop and execute end-to-end programs focused on driving product adoption and ongoing usage of Segment
- Bring the voice of the customer as you partner with engineering, marketing, product and sales to deliver best-in-class customer experience
- Measure, track and analyze results, report progress and optimize programs continuously through innovative practices (A/B testing)
You’re a great fit if…
- Have 5+ years of experience in a combination of marketing, customer success, and/or customer experience roles
- You’re excited to help build a new team and drive a huge impact
- You have a track record of successfully iterating programs to achieve goals
- You have the aptitude for digesting and communicating technical and analytical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability
- You have a reputation with cross-functional teams as being accountable, innovative and reliable
Bonus points if you:
- You have a history of lifecycle marketing, driving engagement and product adoption
- Love asking customers why and looking for better ways of solving their problems
- Prefer programmatic solutions and automation to manual workarounds
- Excel at driving ideal customer behavior via scaled engagement campaigns
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.