Segment is looking for a leader of our corporate Analytics & Data Engineering team to help us drive maximum business impact through more focused and holistic decision-making. We’re looking for a leader that is excited to help identify the most important questions for the company, drive robust explorations and synthesize findings in consumable formats to support executive decision-making. This leader will be passionate about building collaborative teams and designing a data management strategy that scales rationally to drive Segment’s next phase of growth.
What you'll do:
- Ensure the executive leadership team is focused on the most critical questions to optimize Segment’s business opportunity;
- Proactively drive inspection of critical questions, ensuring all data inputs are captured from disparate sources and synthesized into consumable outputs to support executive decision-making;
- Drive collaboration and alignment across key departmental stakeholders to balance the need for centralized/corporate insights in tandem with departmental or operational insights;
- Lead the strategic vision for managing and scaling Segment’s business data, data support models, data team structures, and data systems infrastructure to drive maximum business impact;
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure alignment on end-to-end data architecture for our business measurements and customer data;
- Build an approach to business data management that scales efficiently as the company grows globally and data dimensionality expands exponentially;
- Ensure our data practices are in compliance with data privacy and other legal and regulatory requirements;
- Mentor and develop a team of talented employees that’s energized by your leadership and eager to contribute to Segment’s growth in tangible and intangible ways.
- Ten to fifteen years of highly quantitative experience turning data into business insights
- Strong leader who has built and mentored high-performing analytics teams
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent academic background, preferably in a mathematics/statistics or science-related field; MBA preferred
- Experience supporting corporate and departmental teams at fast growing high technology companies
- Exposure to SaaS, infrastructure or consumption based models a strong plus
- Experience with strategy projects and analysis of very large, complex sets of data
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.