At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
This is a key leadership position, reporting directly to the Chief Product Development Officer. Segment has had a strong track record of shipping transformative and new products that get widespread adoption and transform customer behavior. Recent products have included , , , and . Design is a critical function here at Segment, tasked with making this incredibly hard problem of scaling data both simple and intuitive for our customers. Design plays a strategic role in helping us understand our customers and helping us .
What you’ll do:
- Report to the Chief Product Development Officer and collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, & Research to define our product strategy
- Lead, mentor and build a team of Product Designers and Product Design Leads providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- ️ Coach designers and teams across the product pillar to help successfully navigate the product development process
- Elevate — our presence, community, culture, and processes internally and externally
- Partner with our brand design team to provide a consistent and world-class customer journey, end to end
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, marketing, and the executive team
- Be an innovator. With a pulse on the constantly changing strategies and trends both in product design and internally, you will help your team anticipate and adjust to new challenges and ensure constant innovation within your org
What you’ll bring:
- Strong track record of shipping incredibly simple, intuitive, and beautiful product
- Significant experience hiring and leading extraordinary product design team of 10+
- Proven track record of being an influential design leader, ideally with B2B experience
- 8+ years of experience designing product software, with at least 3+ years in a product design leadership role where you have managed ICs and Leads/ Managers
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.