At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
As Segment scales through our next phase of growth, growing existing ways of generating pipeline and identifying new levers will be pivotal to being able to meet stretch ARR goals. As Head of Global Sales Development, you will be an integral part of the Sales leadership team and report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer. You will lead the global Sales Development team to execute on net new pipeline goals. In managing a portfolio of net new pipeline generation teams, you’ll define how to scale the Inbound and Outbound motions across Commercial and Enterprise global segments based on evolving business needs.
For the right person that can bring vision, a deep sense of ownership, and purpose to our fast growing market, this position offers the unique opportunity to be a global Sales leader driving the pipeline needed to lead Segment’s next phase of growth.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and scale a high-performing global organization of 40+ Inbound and Outbound SDRs and Managers who consistently overachieve on aggressive goals and will become future AEs, CSMs and managers at Segment
- Understand top of the funnel and pipeline dynamics to own and drive execution on Segment’s net new pipeline goals across the Commercial and Enterprise global markets
- Build deep partnerships with Marketing and Sales teams to successfully meet stretch pipeline goals, including scaling current lead sources, as well as identifying new sources
- Coach, develop and mentor a combination of first time and experienced front line SDR managers to hire, develop and retain world-class SDR talent
- Be a thought leader in how Segment can bring our product to every customer obsessed company
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have experience leading a high performing global pipeline generation organization in a fast growing high technology company
- Are excited by attracting, developing and retaining world-class talent early in their Sales and/or Management careers
- Feel a deep sense of ownership, accountability and passion for your work
- Are strategic enough to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Have a reputation with cross-functional teams as being collaborative, innovative, accountable, and reliable
- Are highly analytical, lead through influence, are a structured thinker
- You have a genuine bias towards action
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.
This role is **full-time** in our San Francisco HQ office