At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
BizOps drives key strategic initiatives at Segment and directly supports the company goal of building a culture of excellence. Recent examples of BizOps impact include:
- Boosted gross margins by optimizing AWS spend and putting pricing protections in place
- Designed and implemented customer on boarding process to maximize net revenue retention
- Created and ran company-wide annual planning and quarterly goal-setting
- Set the market entry strategy for new markets (EMEA, APAC) and helped make the new office successful in its first several quarters
BizOps is a small and highly leveraged team of folks who spike in analytical thinking, project and stakeholder management, and getting stuff done. As a BizOps person, you’ll have a great opportunity to help Segment maximize its full potential and strong existing momentum. BizOps is not an“internal consulting” team- we work on strategic initiatives hands-on, in very close coordination with functional partners, and we see projects through implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Inform company-level strategic decisions through targeted projects
- Develop company and function performance metrics and drive their achievement
- Lead execution of large-scale projects that directly impact business results
- Help other teams achieve goals
- Drive company-wide process improvements
You’re a great fit if you…
- Are an analytical and structured thinker
- Excel at finding the right metric to optimize and then optimizing it
- Have a proven track record of leading complex, multi-stakeholder projects to success
- Drive insight through data
- Are an excellent communicator across a range of audiences
- Are highly productive
- Are excited about rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done in an unstructured environment of a hyper-growth technology startup
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative or technical field
- Have 4+years of work experience, with a background in management consulting AND in technology startups
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.