At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
As the Manager of Commercial Sales, East, you will be an integral part of the Sales leadership team and report to the Head of Commercial & Growth Sales, East. You will lead and grow a team of Commercial Account Executives in our NYC Office that focus on expanding the adoption of Segment across our many Commercial accounts. You will join a team of highly motivated, energetic sales professionals that take pride in establishing new customer relationships, running strategic sales cycles and delivering the Segment message to a wide base of accounts across various industries.
For the right person that can bring vision, purpose, and drive to our fastest growing market, this position offers the unique opportunity to have a dramatic impact on the success of Segment and be the driving force of our expansion in the enterprise.
What you’ll do:
- Help develop and execute strategy for massive growth of our Commercial East team
- Hire, train and lead a team of Commercial Account Executives
- Oversee and ensure successful execution of strategic, complex sales cycles
- Engage at the executive level with prospects with up to 3,000 employees
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed targets through coaching and mentorship
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have 6+ years of complex solution sales & 3+ years of sales leadership experience, selling to large accounts
- Have experience building an outbound engine and guiding reps to close large outbound deals
- Maintain a proven record of consistently exceeding quotas
- Are strategic enough to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Are proficient in modern sales processes/methodologies
- Can hire, train, and lead top-tier Account Executives
- Have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Are passionate about the marketing technology & data landscape
- Have excellent presence and proven ability to influence at all levels
- Possess strong analytical skill with deep understanding of forecasting & managing through data
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept difference - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
This role requires being full-time in our NYC Office