At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
As the Manager of Expansion Account Executive team, East & EMEA, you will be an integral part of the Sales leadership team and report directly to the Head of Commercial Expansion. You will lead a quickly growing team of Expansion Account Executives in our New York Office that focuses on driving the retention and expanding the adoption of Segment across our many Commercial accounts. You will join a team of highly motivated, energetic sales professionals that take pride in building and deepening customer relationships, running strategic sales cycles, and driving strategic engagement with executives in key accounts. For the right person that can bring vision, purpose, and drive to our fastest growing market, this position offers the unique opportunity to have a dramatic impact on the success of Segment and be the driving force of our expansion.
What you’ll do:
- Help develop and execute strategy for massive growth of our Commercial East & EMEA Expansion teams
- Hire, motivate and enable individual development and career growth
- Coach, mentor and guide the team in developing consultative and solution-based account strategies
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed targets through coaching and mentorship
- Oversee and ensure successful execution of strategic, complex sales cycles
- Engage at the executive level with customers with up to 3,000 employees
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization to shape Segment’s product roadmap to meet customer needs.
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have 6+ years of complex solution sales & 3+ years of sales leadership experience, selling to large accounts
- Have experience building teams across multiple offices, including launching teams in new offices.
- Maintain a proven record of consistently exceeding quotas
- Are strategic enough to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Are proficient in modern sales processes/methodologies
- Can hire, train, and lead top-tier Account Executives
- Have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Are passionate about the marketing technology & data landscape
- Have excellent presence and proven ability to influence at all levels
- Possess strong analytical skill with deep understanding of forecasting & managing through data
- Experience with SaaS renewals for MM/SMB
- Experience partnering with Customer Success teams and the value they deliver
- Experience with customer data platforms, marketing and data technologies
- Experience with the suite of tools in Segment’s ecosystem
- Experience with process-improvement and project management
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept difference - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
This role requires being full-time in our New York office.