About You:

You want to bring vision, focus and community to the team that serves the majority of our customer base. You are a passionate leader that has led customer success organizations at fast growing companies and you know and appreciate how a Customer Success organization is motivated and challenged. You want to use the best technologies to help humans provide individualized and business value focused customer management. Although you may be a technologist at heart, you know that building a healthy organization starts with great people and you’re excited to flex your stellar team building skills to mentor and coach first time/early career managers and individual contributors.

About the Role:

You will be an integral part of the Customer Success senior leadership team reporting directly to the VP of Customer Success. This is a multi-part and large scale operator role that includes owning a portfolio of the majority of Segment’s existing revenue and growth, a team leader to a global organization split across four offices, and a multi-segment strategist helping to develop our customer management programs across various tiers of accounts ranging from free/online to some of our largest accounts. You will be an important partner to sales leadership both to ensure the commercial success of current customers and as a thought leader assisting in bringing in strategic new logos.

We believe that the best way to drive this organization’s financial and advocacy outcomes is to ensure customers realize the business objectives that led them to sign up with us. The customer success team works to help customers connecting their use cases to the capabilities of our platform using technology, templates and operational rigor. Because you know one is dependent on the other, you’ll strive to forecast customer health alongside our sales organization forecasting revenue.

You will be supporting the Success team through significant growth, both in number of teammates and geographic expansion. You’ll help define the role of CSM for these segments and drive hiring, development and accountability across your organization. As this team scales, you’ll need to use your cross-functional leadership to set clear expectations and collaboration points with teammates across success, sales, product and marketing.

Responsibilities:

• Within 30 days

• Learn and become conversant in Segment’s product, use cases for different verticals, and competitive position
      • Understand and become familiar with the installed customer base and critical customer renewals and implementations
      • Own hiring of your direct reports, i.e. regional managers, and help scale CSM hiring, as needed
      • Take on operational control of the managed CSM account business

• Within 60 days

• Begin experimenting with changes to our Customer Success methodology
      • Engage with critical accounts and prospects and develop direct relationships with executive sponsors
      • Own the health score analysis and renewal forecast for your portfolio
      • Take on operational control of the scaled customer success business

• 90 days and beyond

• Own customer escalations within your portfolio with minimal assistance
    • Know enough about Segment’s architecture and tool ecosystem to advise senior customer contacts on expanding their Segment use cases
    • Integrate the scaled and managed customer success organizations to develop stronger sharing and enablement

Requirements:

• Track record of driving customer outcomes by engaging directly with customers
  • Reputation with cross-functional teams as being innovative, accountable, and reliable
  • Experience managing high performing teams at a fast growing company
  • Demonstrated ability to advise teammates leading large (25+) customer portfolios
  • Analytical approach to prioritizing your and your team’s attention

If these statements describe you, you’d be a great fit:

• I’m excited to play many roles, including portfolio manager, customer advisor and coach
  • I love owning the end to end of whatever I get engaged in, including the details
  • I am excited and have experience managing multiple teams, in many locations
  • I want to be a mentor to teammates that do and do not report to me
  • I enjoy mixing technical and business acumen to ensure technology solves real customer pain

Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.

Apply for this Job

* Required