At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
You are driven by seeing customers identify and harness data while applying industry leading technologies to drive insights and accelerate growth. You want to enable a company to better identify and service their customers by leveraging technology coupled with a comprehensive strategy. You are motivated by coordinating and leading a team of people to deliver results for your customer. You are passionate about thinking outside the box, defining and delivering new processes and service offerings to make a difference.
The Principal is a founding member of the professional services practice within the Solutions Architecture team. The Principal is both a leader and a practitioner that will be responsible for defining, prototyping, deploying and evolving new professional services advisory offerings. Some sample projects of Advisory work include data architecture evaluation and redesign, customer data tracking and taxonomy strategy, and customer data infrastructure maturity assessments and roadmap development.
They will play an active oversight role for mid-sized projects, and will be directly engaged on our largest or most complex advisory engagements. The Principal will also be heavily engaged in recruiting, enabling, and mentoring of a team of Professional Services consultants to provide these offerings to Segment customers around the world. An important part of the role is to help build the infrastructure to enable a professional services practice. This includes working closely with the sales and success team to market and build awareness of the practice, and also the finance and operations teams on developing contracts, revenue models and tracking systems. The Principal role is also the business owner of the Advisory practice and will work with revenue leaders to forecast, secure and retain professional services revenue.
- PS engaged customers have better financial & engagement outcomes versus rest of portfolio
- Projects are completed with high post-project NPS
- Recruit and train a team of Professional Services Advisory Consultants
- Projects are completed on-time and within budgeted effort
- Teammates have appropriate levels of customer-facing utilization
What you’ll do
Within 45 days
- Have Service Offerings defined with both internal and external facing collateral
- Develop a team mission and first quarter plan and goals
- Draft a Job Description and identify candidates for the role of PS Advisory Consultant
Within 90 days
- Train cross functional teammates on how to identify and sell PS offerings
- Get feedback on existing products, experiment with deploying new offerings
- Create and agree upon an SOW for at least 5 customers.
- Be a founding member of the Segment Institute - an education and accreditation platform to educate and certify Customers, Partners, and internal Segment employees.
- Be a key enabler to Strategic Account sales and success
- Support the sale of additional professional services work in partnership with sales
If the following statements describe you, you’d be a great fit!
- I love to deeply understand a customer’s problems so I can squash them completely
- I enjoy being in a senior customer facing role and working with technical executives
- I want to be a mentor to teammates that do and do not report to me
- I have a background identifying and leading engagements as a management consultant