At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. More recently, we also developed the ability to let customers enrich their data in real time using computations they specify. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
The Strategic Customer Success team at Segment is the central touchpoint for our Strategic and Key Accounts, orchestrating the post-sales customer lifecycle in partnership with Solutions Architects, Sales and Support. The team manages the customer relationship, coordinates internally within Segment, drives product adoption and guides the customer to take full advantage of our ecosystem. Fundamentally, these Customer Success Managers ensure our largest most complex customers derive value from our platform, and ultimately renew and grow their relationship with us.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager who is passionate about customers and the ways in which they use data to drive results. As a Customer Success Manager supporting Strategic Accounts, you will have the opportunity to help some of the world’s most influential companies solve their toughest data problems. So if you get excited about things like defining a roadmap for success, you may be the Customer Success Manager we’re looking for!
What you’ll do:
- Own the ultimate success of our Strategic customers, ensuring they realize the full value of the Segment platform.
- Develop and deliver a roadmap to success. Drive product adoption and ongoing usage of Segment, while promoting customer satisfaction and advocacy.
- Manage the customer relationship, acting as trusted advisor to executive and senior leadership in Engineering, Product, Business Analytics and Marketing.
- Manage relationships with program owners (IT, engineers and developers) to drive product usage and engagement.
- Understand your customer’s needs, thoughtfully helping business leaders to identify opportunities to expand our footprint and depth of engagement.
- Partner internally with Sales Architects and Success Engineers to optimize customer implementations and resolve technical challenges.
- Partner with the Sales team to advance account renewals and expansion.
- Proactively identify accounts risks and develop mitigation plans (coordinating activities internally within Segment and external with customers) to resolve.
- Analyze your portfolio, identify risks and opportunities and prioritize for impact.
- Communicate performance opportunities and technical overviews to coordinate solutions internally across engineering, marketing, product and support teams.
- Become an expert on the Segment platform and integrations, while keeping up with industry trends in data and analytics.
You’re a great fit if you…
- You prioritize customer experience with a focus on customer satisfaction and retention.
- You have experience navigating large global organizations across multiple stakeholders and levels.
- You strive to understand clients’ business goals, anticipate future needs and identify solutions.
- You believe profitable customer relationships are founded on respect, and that growth and expansion comes from nurturing relationships.
- You get excited about the ways data can be used to accelerate business goals.
- You love to learn about complex technical products, and to understand the intricacies of how systems work.
- You stay calm in the face of technical and/or customer challenges. You corral the right people to resolve, and infect others with your can-do spirit.
- You are a team player with a high level of integrity and a desire to assist your tribe - you can be flexible as this office scales.
- You have proven capacity to develop relationships and optimize enterprise customer accounts, you understand what it means to evangelize your product.
- You have strong business acumen and admiration for analytics, APIs and SQL
- You have aptitude for digesting and effectively communicating technical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability.
- You’re resourceful - might not have all the answers, but you know how to find them.
- 6+ years of consultant, account management, customer success or sales experience at an enterprise level
- Experience unblocking relationships and turning detractors into advocates
- Experience managing customers across geographies
- Proven track record of driving results for your customers and your company
- Effective communicator in stressful situations
- Ability to navigate complex organizations to accelerate product adoption, influence collaboration and evangelize opportunities for growth.
- Self-motivated, empathetic to customer needs and improving customer relationships
- Experience with customer data platforms, marketing and data technologies
- Experience leading change management programs
- Experience with the suite of tools in Segment’s ecosystem
- Passionate about supporting and transforming customers’ experience
- Technical and programming language experience a plus, but not required
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This role requires being **full-time** in our New York or San Francisco office