At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. This empowers our customers to focus on building amazing products and create personalized experiences for their customers, while we take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. With an incredibly sticky product and minimal direct competition, we’re on track to be the driving force behind powering the entire customer data ecosystem, which brings us to you.
Segment’s Product team is growing so we can build new products and services that help define the future of customer data infrastructure and insights. As a PM at Segment, you will work alongside our team of world class product managers, engineers, analysts, product marketers, sales and success leads. You and your team will identify and execute on the biggest opportunities to solve customer needs, drive business impact and realize Segment’s mission.
The Destinations team is responsible for the core product — Segment’s integrations catalog. Every day, 20k+ customers stream 800k events per second to an ever-growing catalog of analytics and marketing tools (e.g. Amplitude, Braze, AWS Personalize). Our mission is to build a robust, scalable, and extensible data pipeline that can connect to every tool a modern business needs to grow. From Enterprises like Nike to 2-person startups, you’ll work with our customers, partners, and go-to-market teams to define the future of .
Who We’re Looking For:
- You are a strategic thinker. You’re able to distill a lot different signals in a clear plan of action of where your customers and market are headed.
- You have a bias for action. You'd choose the battlefield over an Ivory Tower any day.
- You are curious and scrappy. When a problem is important, you’ll do whatever it takes to solve it.
- You are technically-proficient and data-fluent. Nothing excites you more than an ambiguous problem and a clean dataset.
- You are a strong communicator. From pitching our leadership team on shifting the roadmap, to speccing a feature with a partner, to explaining to your friends, you’re able to thoughtfully and clearly explain fundamental reasons behind your decisions.
- You work effortlessly across teams. You don’t mind running from a sales meeting to a support ticket to a roadmap brainstorm.
Projects you could work on:
- Building out new Destination categories. Whether it’s bot detection, machine-learning recommendations, or the next wave of video streaming analytics, you’ll be in charge of defining the roadmap of which new Destinations we build. What existing and emerging categories are most important to our customers?
- Empowering partners and customers to build and deploy their own Destinations. Over the years we’ve built out a significant amount of tooling, processes, and know-how around building and maintaining integrations. How do we translate that into a platform and ecosystem that customers and partners love?
- Evolving our offering in the Enterprise. Partner with Product Marketing and Sales to build a cohesive narrative and roadmap for our Enterprise clients. These companies are the biggest brands in the world (e.g. Nike, Intuit, IBM) and operate hundreds of business units around the world using geo-specific, internally-built, and Enterprise-specific toolsets. What infrastructure will a customer-first Enterprise need to be successful in the next 3-5 years?
- Driving the next wave of customer data privacy and security. We’re advancing the data privacy conversation, from Washington to the GDPR to our Partner community. How can we accelerate the ecosystem towards a first-party, privacy-by-design approach to customer data?
- 3+ years of product management experience producing fantastic business results.
- 2+ years of experience working with customer data (maybe you were a data analyst in a previous life, a data engineer, or a technical growth marketer).
- Love of and experience in cross-functional projects and empowering marketing, sales, and partnerships teams to drive incredible business outcomes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong capability in championing your ideas to fruition.
- You have experience building and scaling a platform.
- You’ve built integrations or integration products in the past.
- You are a Segment user and champion. You are familiar with our product and have seen it drive transformation change at companies.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.