- Become an expert on the Segment platform and integrations, while keeping up with industry trends in data and analytics
- Recruit, mentor, and develop the mid-market/enterprise sales engineering team for your region
- Run POCs for Segment’s most important business tier customers
- Train the team on the SE processes (discovery, tech qual and POC) and collect feedback to scale them.
- Contribute to the SE playbook: demos, objection handling catalog
- Run the product portion of the sales enablement function for your region
- Attend conferences and meet ups as a technical ambassador
- Passionate commitment to closing sales deals
- 5+ years of experience in a sales/solutions engineering role, with a record of top performance in the B2B SAAS space for enterprise accounts
- 1+ years of experience in leading and recruiting sales/solutions engineering teams is a plus
- Strong technical background with hands on professional or personal experience many of the following areas:
- Web development, mobile development, device platforms & architectures (IOS & Android), ETL concepts and workflows, high availability systems and business continuity, message queuing patterns, batch operations and pipeline design, data warehousing, relational database architecture
- Ability to travel 20% to 40%
- Superior organisational skills working with multiple customers and have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day with various competing demands
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, Membership of the Traveller community and any other protected category under national and European law. Pursuant to the Employment Equality Acts 1998 and 2004, we will consider for employment all qualified applicants.