At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. More recently, we also developed the ability to let customers enrich their data in real time using computations they specify. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
The Customer Success team at Segment plays a pivotal role with our business tier customers. The team is responsible for owning the customer lifecycle, driving effective product adoption and advising on tools within our ecosystem to ensure customers are getting value and deriving success from our platform.
As the Strategic Customer Success Manager you will support the full customer lifecycle with our highest profile customers to ensure they derive optimal benefit from Segment. The set of accounts you support are helping drive our enterprise strategy; you’ll identify best practices, understand the value of our product at scale, leverage them for advocacy opportunities and expand our enterprise footprint. Internally, you’ll share these learnings with your team, Product and Sales. This is the perfect role for someone who loves to bring out the best in their customers.
What you’ll do:
- Own the ultimate success of our strategic customers, ensuring they realize the full value of the Segment platform
- Develop and deliver a roadmap to success, advising our highest profile customers on reaching business goals
- Drive product adoption and ongoing usage of Segment, while delivering customer happiness
- Engage with business leaders, sometimes in partnership with Sales, to thoughtfully help them identify opportunities to expand our footprint and depth of engagement
- Communicate performance opportunities and technical overviews to choreograph solutions across engineering, marketing, product and support teams
- Become an expert on the Segment platform and integrations, while keeping up with industry trends in data and analytics
You’re a great fit if…
- You prioritize customer experience with a focus on customer happiness and retention
- You drive to understand clients’ business goals, anticipate future needs and identify solutions
- You are a team player with high level of integrity and desire to assist your tribe - you can be flexible as this office scales
- You have proven capacity to develop relationships and optimize enterprise customer accounts, you understand what it means to evangelize your product
- You have strong business acumen and admiration for analytics, APIs and SQL
- You have aptitude for digesting and effectively communicating technical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability
- You’re resourceful - might not have all the answers, but you know how to find them
- 6+ years of consultant, account management, customer success or sales experience at an enterprise level
- Experience understanding enterprise customer needs and translating them into achievable goals
- Passionate about supporting and transforming customers’ experience
- Technical and programming language experience a plus, but not required